The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Heating problem.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ajokocha Posted - 13/09/2012 : 12:00:35
Hey people. I'm just worried about Floyd. His temperature at the hot end is only going up to 26! I think theres a problem with his thermostat. It's been like this since I moved him into our new house yesterday. Will he be ok until tomorrow? I can't afford a new thermostat until then. Thanks
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Danno91 Posted - 15/09/2012 : 16:18:17
Glad you got it sorted
ajokocha Posted - 13/09/2012 : 17:56:04
He sure will :). Even more so later when he gets his dinner. And he'll be having a new neighbour soon ;)
Baobab Posted - 13/09/2012 : 17:03:15
Yeah. Well done. Floyd will have a smile on his face.
ajokocha Posted - 13/09/2012 : 16:39:33
I had a fiddle about with the thermometer and checked probes etc and it seems to have magically worked lol. Sitting at just under 31 now :)
Danno91 Posted - 13/09/2012 : 13:46:08
It is usually the cheaper items that break first, right im now driving to Runcorn I hope you get this sorted I'll check in when I get there
ajokocha Posted - 13/09/2012 : 13:11:08
Oh maybe it's the thermometer then. I'll try that first. As I said it does feel just as warm as the others.
Danno91 Posted - 13/09/2012 : 13:04:41
I have a thermometer that will not read above 25 so I was pumping the heat up in the Viv, put my hand in and relised it was far to hot to put a new thermometer in and was reading over 40, fortunatly it was not for long
ajokocha Posted - 13/09/2012 : 13:01:42
Ok mate, I'll try that and I'll let you know how I get on. Thanks
Danno91 Posted - 13/09/2012 : 12:56:33
Try swapping thermometers over as well
Danno91 Posted - 13/09/2012 : 12:53:32
Must have lol im going out in a min so won't be able to follow through either,

I've just realised you have 2 snakes try swapping the stats over and see if the problem follows
ajokocha Posted - 13/09/2012 : 12:51:16
I'm not sure the exact room temp dan. But my other two are in the same room, next to him in fact, and they are both sitting nicely at 32. They're on heat matts, but floyds drops to around 25.4 then goes up to around 26.7 then goes off again. All three thermostats are set to 35, (which is the max baobab). And I can feel heat coming off the matt, feels quite warm. Here are some pics

Baobab Posted - 13/09/2012 : 12:24:12
I cant imagine 26 will hurt for one night. Im sure other more experienced people will reply shortly.
What sort of heating do you have ie can you see it being controlled by the stat. If its the AHSType heater they need to be tweeked up very slowly otherwise the casing over temp switch will keep tripping the heater off which makes it difficult for it to build up the heat.
I take it you probably now have the stat turned up to max. Can you feel much if any heat coming from you heater if its not a visable type (bulb etc).

You must have replied as I was typing Danno.
Danno91 Posted - 13/09/2012 : 12:15:00
What's the current temp in the room you have placed him in, are you using heat mat or ceramic bulb, I personally wouldn't say its the thermostat but it is possible, are you getting any heat from the heat source at all,

And yes 26 should be ok for a day, if all else fails you can raise the room temps,

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000