The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 regurgitation

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
carlb1981 Posted - 26/09/2012 : 20:00:47
tried to feed my big girl last night and she wasnt interested in the rat so thought it might just be the move and too soon, well today while i was in the snake room i caught her with her mouth wide open and what sounded like her pooing/pooping coming from her back end so started taking photos as i thought it was her poo face and thought it was funny, but i was wrong all of a sudden she threw up what looked like a half digested rat
can anyone tell me what could of caused this could it be the travelling and the move even though that was 3 days ago or something else? and should i leave her alone and wait to try feeding her another week?
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
carlb1981 Posted - 27/09/2012 : 13:14:36
The day i got her home she drank nearly a full bowl of water
reptilemadd Posted - 27/09/2012 : 11:49:25
It's only happend to a corn snake I had and it was because of a bad mouse I was advised to make sure it had plenty of water and wait a good 10 days before trying again.
matthewsaint Posted - 27/09/2012 : 08:06:25
could a 'bad' mouse/rat cause regurgitation?
konrad1982 Posted - 27/09/2012 : 03:06:28
What I have noticed - many breeders were displaying their animals without any heat mats or heat cables. Some of them arrived to Doncaster even day before the show. If they fed their animals day before the show 20+ hours without heat could cause many digestive problems.
acd1984 Posted - 27/09/2012 : 01:27:45
his might make some interesting reading

http://www.herpcenter.com/herp-awareness/489-vomiting-vs-regurgitation-snakes.html
acd1984 Posted - 27/09/2012 : 01:26:11
I find it weird that a snake would regurge anyway unless it was under direct threat straight after feeding.

Can snakes throw up just from being under the weather? (so to speak)

matthewsaint Posted - 26/09/2012 : 23:05:07
i posted on here a couple of weeks ago about my female. she regurgitated a mouse tail and lots of gooey stuff. I only handle her around 2-3 times a week for 5 mins at a time as she's shy. other than that she eats every other week usually - quite picky. any way, I left her for 2 weeks and fed her on monday and she's been fine since then. I'm still not sure why she regurgitated.
Danno91 Posted - 26/09/2012 : 22:52:48
Ya do you have anyway to contact breeder, may help with piece of mind if you can find out when she last ate
carlb1981 Posted - 26/09/2012 : 21:08:31
for a breeder he should have known better hope thats all it was and shes fine
Danno91 Posted - 26/09/2012 : 21:06:59
As far as I knew it was only a few days to digest so id say he fed the night before you bought and the transportation would have affected it,

As far as in aware the two most common reasons for this happening are
1 over feeding
2 handling to soon after feed

carlb1981 Posted - 26/09/2012 : 20:56:04
set price he had 2 the same price one was lighter coloured and smaller and unproven then the one i bought i bought her for how dark she looked then asked if she had been bred.
i wouldnt have thought a breeder would over feed before taking her to sell at a show surely theyd know the risks, just think its strange that its been 3 days before she threw up and the breeder must have fed her the night before the show or do they take a while to digest food?
Danno91 Posted - 26/09/2012 : 20:22:34
Id say over feeding, as well as being transported, id leave at least a week till you tried feeding again, maybe even 2, can I ask if you paid by weight or was it a set price ?
hodgie Posted - 26/09/2012 : 20:21:47
No idea what would cause it but i`d definately give her 2 weeks before feeding again.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000