The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 LED's in viv?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
edamslave Posted - 03/10/2012 : 21:29:46
Hi everyone I'm a new member and will be getting my first Royal soon after years of keeping Corns. Will be getting a 36" viv with 100W ceramic emitter, But was considering having a small strip of yellow LED's to come on for a few hours in day to replicate sunlight and some blue LED's to replicate moonlight in the evening, Purely for aesthetic purposes. Sound a good idea or will the yellow/blue irritate the snake? Any advice will be welcome, Thanks.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
donjolly8947 Posted - 12/10/2012 : 21:24:59
lotabob your set up is fantastic
edamslave Posted - 04/10/2012 : 21:24:48
Thanks for replies, has helped a lot. Great set up by the way!
Lotabob Posted - 04/10/2012 : 20:59:52
Thanks, built that myself about a year ago. Just couldn't buy what I wanted so designed and built my own.
coxcats Posted - 04/10/2012 : 09:54:39
Lotabob I love your vivs!
Cookie Posted - 03/10/2012 : 23:32:08
Lotabob thats some viv setup! Homemade?
Lotabob Posted - 03/10/2012 : 22:48:52
I use LED's on all my vivs except the ROyal's viv. He is terribly shy though, doesn't appreciate light at all. I would get a measure of the snake first, if nothing phases it then go ahead, light him up but if he is a shy guy like mine then might not be the best idea as it will just hide away when they are on and the stress may cause it to stop feeding too.

I will also say if you want some good and cheap LED's then Ikea do a 4 strip lighting set that changers colour, search DIODER on their website. They are really good too, just about every colour you can think of it can do.

My Royal lives in the dark one behind the chair.
coxcats Posted - 03/10/2012 : 22:06:22
Mine have LED's and I put them on each morning. Looks cool and they know that when I turn them off it's time to come out and wreck the place!
AndyJ80 Posted - 03/10/2012 : 21:46:31
shouldn't bother them in the slightest. I know a few guys on here have led's in their vivs

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000