The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Help feeding

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
matco Posted - 09/10/2012 : 19:16:42
Hi all has been quite a while since being on here, but I'm in need of a bit of advice if possible,
Caris now 13mths old weighing roughly 840grams has decided she's not eating it has been nearly 4 wks and she hasn't shown the slightest interest in her food, she was eating really well rarely missing a feed at every wk. she is being fed on small to large wiener rats, I even tried goin bk down to jumbo mice even slicing into the brain but still no interest
How long is too long
And any other techniques
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
matco Posted - 10/10/2012 : 18:38:46
Well last night I was a little worried about her not eatin, when she rejected the two jumbo mice I prepared even sliced the head on one, I then decided to leave them in with her on her giant rock hide (less chance of any substrate being eaten) left the one with the slice near the exit to the hide, just got back from work and she has gobbled them both up! So quite pleased really. So hopefully she will resume to her usuall habits now.
carlb1981 Posted - 09/10/2012 : 20:54:02
this is what most people use as a feeding guide

1-500 grams = feed every 5 days
500-1000 grams = feed every 7 days
1000-1500 grams = feed every 10 days
1500+ grams = every fortnight
matco Posted - 09/10/2012 : 20:45:15
Also how often should a feed be at her age?
Thanks for the advice guys
hodgie Posted - 09/10/2012 : 20:16:28
Its getting to that time of year where their minds wonder towards other things.
This is how Royals live their lives, eating and fasting. You have to accept this, its always hard though the first time. main thing is don`t freek out and panic. I`d offer every 10-12 days and if you snake shows no interest then quickly leave her alone.
Last year my female Bumblebee went 7 months without food if that helps.
carlb1981 Posted - 09/10/2012 : 19:29:49
Just monitor her weight and make sure she doesn't lose too much but i would say small weaner rats would be too small a meal for when she was feeding you need to be feeding at least 84g large weaner

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000