The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 fasting

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
carlb1981 Posted - 20/10/2012 : 07:53:19
Looks like my plans for putting Marty to my big girl after xmas are unlikely as he's stopped eating :-( do royals as young as Marty fast in breeding season as i thought they only did that when older/bigger he's around 450g i think i will weigh him again today to make sure he hasn't lost too much and maybe move him into a 12l rub in my rack to see if that gets him going again
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ppl_clectr Posted - 20/10/2012 : 23:19:38
Can't hurt to give it a shot :) My black pastel is just a little bigger, and is all over it!
carlb1981 Posted - 20/10/2012 : 13:11:00
Ok thanks guys, so if he doesn't lose any weight do you think it would be still ok to put him in with my female? Going to move him to a rub in my rack today to see if the smaller space helps him along too
ppl_clectr Posted - 20/10/2012 : 13:07:57
Yes, they definitely fast that young...they can breed as light as 350 grams, tho it is the exception, and many will breed at 500 grams. One of my boys, at around 600 grams fasted last year from December 19 to March 4 and didn't lose a gram. Astounding.
chrisc Posted - 20/10/2012 : 08:54:58
my little one frank fasted in his first winter while about 260g
blackskull Posted - 20/10/2012 : 08:42:02
Yeah young royals can fast too. My cb10 female fasted last year from november to april only taking 5 feeds in that time.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000