The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 snake eating substrate

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
acd1984 Posted - 22/10/2012 : 16:47:48
Hi guy, someone on instagram told me that there snake is eating substrate, it's unclear at this time if they mean the snake is taking some in with the rat or if the snake is actually eating substrate

If it's the latter, has anyone ever heard of or experienced this? If so what are the reasons for it
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
AndyJ80 Posted - 22/10/2012 : 22:27:35
gave up in the amount my corn used to digest, and she lived to 17 years old
Kelfezond Posted - 22/10/2012 : 22:27:32
Aye I've never been too bothered about eating substrate, never caused any problems. I do however avoid feeding on kitchen roll, a little piece of substrate is one thing if they catch their teeth on kitchen roll that's a lot to take down.
Lotabob Posted - 22/10/2012 : 22:26:28
I have seen Duke scoop up a mouthful of substrate. He was realigning his jaws after feeding. Did him no harm.
jbarlow91 Posted - 22/10/2012 : 19:22:02
That's strange unless the snake is tryin to shed and is rubbing its nose in the bedding to break the skin but getting it in his mouth and eating it
acd1984 Posted - 22/10/2012 : 18:18:26
I got a reply, the royal wasn't being fed or anything like that, he just started munching on aspen?! iv asked if the snake is healthy in other respects and suggested she use kitchen roll for the time being
acd1984 Posted - 22/10/2012 : 17:28:25
that was my thought too, im waiting for a reply
jbarlow91 Posted - 22/10/2012 : 17:11:22
More than likely be while eating the rat. Never heard of any snake eating it randomly that would be strange unless the substraight smelt of rats and the snake is starving

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000