The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Vivarium size?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
herriotfan Posted - 30/10/2012 : 22:08:53
I've got cornsnakes and I've wanted a Royal Python for a long time.
I've got a 2ft vivarium which currently houses one of my younger corns. She is now getting too big for it so I'm going to move her into a bigger vivarium.
I would like to know if I could put a young Royal into her vivarium once I've thoroughly cleaned and disinfected it?
Would it be too big for a young Royal or is it ok if I use lots of hides, foliage etc?
I know what I'm doing with my corns but completely new to Royals and just want to make sure I get it right!
All advice welcome......
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jbarlow91 Posted - 04/11/2012 : 18:16:10
If a cb12 aint eating could probably do with going inside something a bit smaller to try and make it feel more secure to try and get it going again lol
matildasmum Posted - 04/11/2012 : 17:59:09
i put my cb12 straight into a 3ft viv she was super tiny at 72g and 13inches long and had no problems at all, she was out and about checking out her surroundings on the 1st night home, initally she favored the hude in the cool end but within about 4 days she had set un home in the hot hide and has been in perminent residence there ever since, she fed straight away and has had no real probs at all, (except for now lol) its up to you really but these guys here know wha they are talking about with regard to housing so i would probably go with what they reccomend, just tellin you that we had no issues at all and my viv was much bigger. good luck
herriotfan Posted - 03/11/2012 : 19:07:08
Thanks for advice. Seems I'll have to get one of my old corns fauns fitted out then.
Then it's just a case of finding the right royal for me.
Ads Posted - 31/10/2012 : 19:18:54
quote:
Originally posted by jimmer7

I would put faun in the viv helps maintain heat, got a small hognose in her faun place inside a 3ft viv , also got the ceramic in the viv set to 24 just to keep nice temp, and then the faun set an a heat mat with stat

I agree this is what we did with Tabou and Balala the only difference was we used a heat lamp with stat. We had very few problems.
jimmer7 Posted - 31/10/2012 : 19:06:29
I would put faun in the viv helps maintain heat, got a small hognose in her faun place inside a 3ft viv , also got the ceramic in the viv set to 24 just to keep nice temp, and then the faun set an a heat mat with stat
GMac Posted - 31/10/2012 : 18:51:44
agree with Chris, rub or faun for hatchie,
chrisc Posted - 31/10/2012 : 05:58:08
as gmac says a 2ft viv may be a litle big for a hatchling one thats 6 months-a year old would be ok with plenty of cover and hides.
a 5 or 9 ltr rub or as you said a small faun would be fine for a hatchling
herriotfan Posted - 31/10/2012 : 01:12:52
Thanks GMac.
Do you think I should use one of my old cornsnake fauns then?
What size is best and until what sort of size of the hatchie?
All help appreciated.
GMac Posted - 30/10/2012 : 22:25:00
you can try and see how it goes, but wouldnt put a hatchie royal in that big a viv.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000