The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Cold winter

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lindstrom Posted - 01/11/2012 : 11:48:26
If you havnt noticed already it looks like we're in for a cold winter I've had to swap my exo terra glass viv for a wooden one and buy an ahs heater to battle the cold in my room. Has anyone got any tips to stop royals from getting cold....spurs?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Baobab Posted - 03/11/2012 : 00:05:20
Ahs heater and keep the central heating on in the room.
Lindstrom Posted - 02/11/2012 : 22:46:39
quote:
Originally posted by curiouslyfacinated

If you have your viv set up with thermostats then they won't notice any difference. The stat will regulate the temperature inside the viv. Thats what they do x

I had a mat & stat which is a contact heater, so the ambient temperature would drop resulting in a very cold snake, also the glass viv would not hold any heat and the glass became very cold to the touch.

Just installed my new ahs heater the guys at microclimate were really helpful, a little to early to tell but it heats the vivarium nicely so far, people think they're expensive but if you buy a good mount, guard, thermostat and bulb it's about the same price and it's got a neat little feature where it will cut the power if the metal gets above 70 :)
Kelfezond Posted - 01/11/2012 : 21:40:35
If things get really cold you can always use something to insulate the viv's a bit better, wrapping them in towels or polystyrene.
curiouslyfacinated Posted - 01/11/2012 : 21:13:21
If you have your viv set up with thermostats then they won't notice any difference. The stat will regulate the temperature inside the viv. Thats what they do x

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000