The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Is this ok for young royals?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
herriotfan Posted - 04/11/2012 : 10:43:52
Can you look at this sticky from the sister cornsnake forum and tell me if the same set up is suitable for young royals please?

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9878

Thanks.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jimmer7 Posted - 04/11/2012 : 18:01:14
Hi I used a faun, but I placed it inside a3ft viv, which had a ceramic in stated to 26 to keep air temp up, then placed faun on heat mat to get hot spot.
jonoandapril Posted - 04/11/2012 : 16:25:08
i dont use fauns any more due to having lots of bad sheds with them. only with the royals mind. a rub is deffinatly the better option if you have them available imo.
Laws Posted - 04/11/2012 : 12:28:01
I think I would swap the faun to a rub , I have a few fauns knocking about but Im not convinced my house ambients would hold in the winter . In the summer no problem , but a 9lt rub for a hatchie would be great
carlb1981 Posted - 04/11/2012 : 10:54:29
It is yes but faunariums don't really keep heat in so unless you have the room your keeping him in heated to 25-26degrees it might be a bit cold this time of year. a rub of similar size would hold a bit more heat in if you don't want to heat whole room that much
Kelfezond Posted - 04/11/2012 : 10:50:48
Honestly it's not what I would recommend but I can't see why it wouldn't work - long as the temperatures can reach the right numbers and everything is statted I don't see why you can't use that.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000