The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 hotspot temp keeps dropping!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kizzy Posted - 06/11/2012 : 12:27:43
Hi guys iv set up a 3ft viv for my royal got a 100w ceramic and a pulse stat and a digi ther my problem is that even thow iv set my stat by the digi ther as i was told to do the temp will hold at 32 for about 3 days then drop to 29.7 and not go back up iv changed the digi to see if that was faulty but same thing happend.could it be the ceramic? I hope not as only brought it last week along with the stat? Any clues what could be wrong the probe for the digi is on the aspen under the ceramic??
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lotabob Posted - 06/11/2012 : 20:03:36
Stick your thermostat probe and thermometer probe directly under the bulb, that will steady the hot spot temp.
matildasmum Posted - 06/11/2012 : 18:59:52
mine does this too, its just the cold weather im afraid, the stat is having to work harder, i was advised to put an 150wat ceramic in to make it not have to work so hard so as soon as they arrive i will be doing that
kizzy Posted - 06/11/2012 : 13:06:11
It is just off to one side iv turnt thrke stat up and it will be fine then it will drop or rocket.could my stat be faulty even thow its only a week old?
jimmer7 Posted - 06/11/2012 : 12:35:01
Where is the stat prob, it should be under ceramic or just off to one side.if temp has dropped turn stat up a bit until temp holds

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000