The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Feeding related ???

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
carlb1981 Posted - 07/11/2012 : 20:17:10
Just a few quick questions for you guys

1.when you go to feed your snakes and find they have left you a nice present what do you do?
As 2 of mine had left me parcels tonight i managed to entice one of them well away from the dirty area so i could clean it while he munched on the rat but the other would not budge and struck from a distance so had to just quickly grab the poo(with a dog poo bag of course) and leave the cleaning for tomorrow what would you guys have done?

2. When feeding my pewter she was squeaking due to breathing quickly possibly from excitement from the oncoming meal is this a normal thing to happen or could there be a problem? Its the only time I've heard it

apart from that feeding went well all 7 struck and coiled with the exception of the big girl who was to eager and missed then decided to try escape causing me too worry a bit since i had a rat and had to grab her and put her back but the good girl didn't bite me and waited for me to offer her it again phew lol
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
carlb1981 Posted - 08/11/2012 : 20:21:05
The whistling was before she took the rat she was just breathing quickly
Lindstrom Posted - 08/11/2012 : 20:00:23
If you look carefully when they open there mouth to digest you will see a hole in the bottom of there mouth this is a long tube so they can breathe while swallowing the pressure on the tube and the escaping air causes the faint squeaking.

If they're in the way I move them, always but your hand in a fist when moving to them so they know it's too big to be prey then give a little stroke and they should be golden.
austin_89 Posted - 08/11/2012 : 18:01:04
All mine get fed in separate feeding boxes anyways so I'd pick them up and move them.

I've heard Kane making a whistling noise while eating before it was a completely natural noise :)
acd1984 Posted - 08/11/2012 : 17:51:53
To the first: I generally handle before feeding to check them over and spot check for poo etc, with the rats well out the way of course.

if they are breathing heavy due to excitement, i would say it would be normal to hear a squeak because the nostrils are so small.
Danno91 Posted - 07/11/2012 : 21:02:55
To the first I just pick the snake up and move it clean then feed as normal, I know im risking a tag but never had an issue

I've never heard a squeak coming from my snakes so I can't comment

im glad feeding went ok

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000