The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Shedding or not?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
katty91 Posted - 05/07/2009 : 17:44:11
For about 2 and a half to 3 weeks now my royal has been a bluish colour and his belly looks a bit pink, however his eyes are still clear and he's been the same as usual, quite active and has fed 3 times since he's been 'blue'. I would say he's getting ready to shed, is that right? And is it normal for it to take so long especially when the eyes are still clear?
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
punumbear Posted - 15/07/2009 : 16:41:07
lol pooh is the least of me worries just want em to eat thts all..lol
wolfspirit Posted - 15/07/2009 : 16:07:39
quote:
Originally posted by punumbear

lol ah ok ill stuff the corns with the chicks then..

wait till you see there poo's...
punumbear Posted - 15/07/2009 : 15:32:51
lol ah ok ill stuff the corns with the chicks then..
wolfspirit Posted - 15/07/2009 : 14:40:44
quote:

lol cheers wolf.. bloody pains in the dery ayre but they are lovely.. can u vary pythons diets on the odd occasion using chicks n hamsters aswell???

Kazz shed last night..and you should see what she left me

how the hell she got all that out i dont know..but for a little girl it was HUGE

i would stay away from both and gerbils to...unless you want a tricky eater..
punumbear Posted - 15/07/2009 : 14:36:01
lol cheers wolf.. bloody pains in the dery ayre but they are lovely.. can u vary pythons diets on the odd occasion using chicks n hamsters aswell???
wolfspirit Posted - 15/07/2009 : 14:34:05
quote:

grrr shedding what a pain, mines been in her hide now for nearly 2 weeks only just noticed her eyes blueing a day or so ago but her skin has been dull for a few days now... she has missed two feeds so far.. so how much longer does the shed take as i really need her to get some food inside her.

once her eyes clear she should shed pretty soon after..

dont worry about the feeding, you have to get used to that for when she is older and does stop...
punumbear Posted - 15/07/2009 : 14:32:54
grrr shedding what a pain, mines been in her hide now for nearly 2 weeks only just noticed her eyes blueing a day or so ago but her skin has been dull for a few days now... she has missed two feeds so far.. so how much longer does the shed take as i really need her to get some food inside her.
katty91 Posted - 06/07/2009 : 19:22:37
Blackecho - yeah I thought I might have missed the eyes going cloudy too but he's quite active and I get to see him every day and I haven't seen any cloudiness at all..although his eyes are looking kind of silver atm..not cloudy but I dunno I think I'm seeing things now lol

cdd007 - Yeah he's eating fine, due for a feed tonight so this will be his fourth feed since he's been like this. thanks for your comment I'll try not to worry though that's easier said than done lol

Also I was thinking is it possible he's not even shedding? like maybe I'm just imagining things? he does look blueish but not dull if that makes sense...but his belly's definitely pink whereas it never was before..hmm
cdd007 Posted - 06/07/2009 : 15:02:14
This may or may not be of help, but my bearded dragon Spike has started to take ages to shed, it took him around 2 weeks after going pale to even start to loose his skin. My guess is that your python is doing the same. If he/she is eating fine, then I personally wouldn't worry :)
Blackecho Posted - 06/07/2009 : 07:12:51
Their eyes do clear again before they shed, is it possible you missed the eye's going cloudy?
hodgie Posted - 05/07/2009 : 23:26:01
I think it takes around 10 - 12 days for the full cycle maybe a little more. I know with my female Royal that she will shed the day after her eyes clear.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000