The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 uuuuuhhhh what a stink

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hodgie Posted - 07/07/2009 : 20:13:41
I`ve had my Pastel male, (called him Joker) for 2 weeks now and decided to give him his 1st feed last night. I was told by the seller that he was on medium rats , he`s 640g. Well he`s quite a timid lad and obviously got nervous when the lid of the rub was lifted off and the rat was dangled in front of him so i left it on top of one of his hides. Had a quick peek at 6am this morning and the rat had vanished Got home tonight and do the usual things, feed the cat, put a cover on Hannahs viv to make it dark and then proceeded up stairs to cover Jokers rub (hes in another room), open the door and nearly die he hadn`t eaten the rat but had taken it into his hide at the hot end.I actually got small rats as i thought mediums were to big. I assume he had every intention of eating it but for some reason didn`t bother.
Anyway the rat was leeking more liquids than that women out of Little Britain and the bin men dont come for another 7 days. Happy times.
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hodgie Posted - 09/07/2009 : 17:39:07
quote:
Originally posted by Dazzetski

I've been in the leaky rat club too lol,

Do you weigh the rats frozen or defrosted & is there much of a difference?

I wouldn`t imagine there would be any difference. Nothing gets added ar taken away in and out of the freezer.
Dazzetski Posted - 09/07/2009 : 13:10:22
I've been in the leaky rat club too lol,

Do you weigh the rats frozen or defrosted & is there much of a difference?
lee2308 Posted - 07/07/2009 : 23:58:55
i had this,left a weaner in overnight and he drag it ontop of the hide under the lamp and by the morning there was fluid everywhere.
Blackecho Posted - 07/07/2009 : 21:42:45
Depends how much they weigh.
Remmy Posted - 07/07/2009 : 21:02:34
When i got tilly saturday the seller said she was on small weaners and she weighed about 1200g. She only weighed 960g but i have bought a pack of small weaners. Are these going to be too small for her, if so should i give her 2.
wolfspirit Posted - 07/07/2009 : 20:47:28
if they leave them i chuck mine out for the magpies/crows, they know they get them now, so i have no probs with them disappearing..

As BE says a small rat is to big really, i feed mine at a similar weight
55-70g weaners..depending on what i can get..
hodgie Posted - 07/07/2009 : 20:36:38
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

At 640g even small rats sound too big really (unless they are labelled very differently at your shop). Aim for 10-15% of the snake's body weight, so ~60-70g which would be a large weaner.

For instance, I have just given one of mine a 120g large weaner.

Should have weighed really. Anyway he`s just gone in to his new viv hand built by me as i need to disinfect the rub and the hide now.
Just weighed another rat and its 60g.
Blackecho Posted - 07/07/2009 : 20:30:39
At 640g even small rats sound too big really (unless they are labelled very differently at your shop). Aim for 10-15% of the snake's body weight, so ~60-70g which would be a large weaner.

For instance, I have just given one of mine a 120g large weaner.
hodgie Posted - 07/07/2009 : 20:28:24
Great, now i`ve got a dead rat floating in my toilet, cheers think im going to have to give it a forceful push.
hodgie Posted - 07/07/2009 : 20:24:57
Definately wouldn`t be startled as he`s in a room all on his own, i was at work, the cat would definately be sleeping no one else here. I`ll go and flush it down the loo, didn`t think of that.
sexychef Posted - 07/07/2009 : 20:20:02
flush it down the toilet. my guess he got startled by something and got scared and then left it. i wouldnt worry about him leaving it.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000