The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 3/4 days without heat?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
wolfspirit Posted - 08/07/2009 : 14:47:19

Got back this morning and noticed Oscars heat had dropped right down to 21 whatever that is in English.

Just tried another fuse and then a bulb and i think the stat is on the blink, i can send it to habistat and they will fix it, but i might be without heat for three to four days and it is going to be cold tonight ,

will he be ok or am i going to have to put the heating on as i dont have any spare heat mats either..

Thanks
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
wolfspirit Posted - 08/07/2009 : 20:33:06
quote:
Originally posted by karl

just put the smake in a rub above another tank, heat rises and will stop temps going below 19c, which is the bare minimum for digestion.

Tbh a few days shouldnt hurt so long as it doesnt go below 19

is that the bare minimum for a royal or a corn...is a bit low for a royal isnt it?

he is fine at the moment have been watching temps on and off all night and they are steady...

he probably likes it in there cos it is cramped..lol..
karl Posted - 08/07/2009 : 20:12:55
just put the smake in a rub above another tank, heat rises and will stop temps going below 19c, which is the bare minimum for digestion.

Tbh a few days shouldnt hurt so long as it doesnt go below 19
Blackecho Posted - 08/07/2009 : 19:14:12
Not in your house it won't. Plus Corns can live in the wild here. I probably wouldn't feed during the time, but the snake will be fine.
wolfspirit Posted - 08/07/2009 : 19:08:54
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

I would keep the heating on the Royals and leave the Corn without, they are much more hardy.

it is going to drop to 9 tonight though ,

I will continue to monitor the rub, it is still holding steady right now, if it starts to go up, i will use Quetzas dimmer, but i dont want ti as she only fed yesterday
matty18714 Posted - 08/07/2009 : 18:56:34
Didnt occur to me either but I totaly agree now its been mentioned.
Gingerpony Posted - 08/07/2009 : 18:53:05
very valid point BE, hadn't actually thought it but i agree entirely!
Blackecho Posted - 08/07/2009 : 18:48:52
I would keep the heating on the Royals and leave the Corn without, they are much more hardy.
wolfspirit Posted - 08/07/2009 : 18:39:18
quote:
Originally posted by matty18714

What about putting the snake without a heat source in a tub ontop of one of the vivs that use a bulb?

i tried that without him in it and the heat from the top of peanuts viv went up to 42..

at least for now his rub is sitting steady at 30...if i need to move him i will dont worry...
matty18714 Posted - 08/07/2009 : 18:34:19
What about putting the snake without a heat source in a tub ontop of one of the vivs that use a bulb?
wolfspirit Posted - 08/07/2009 : 18:27:46
i have put him in a rub

Kaz & Kayla are sharing a heat mat and i have an unstatted mat underneath him but i have elevated the rub and at the mo temps are holding steady inside his hide,

will monitor the temps and have to get another dimmer in the morning.
matty18714 Posted - 08/07/2009 : 17:34:11
A proper hot water bottle or a coke bottle should be fine.
Remmy Posted - 08/07/2009 : 17:23:57
Yes they do still make them wolf..look in boots lol
wolfspirit Posted - 08/07/2009 : 17:20:35
quote:

Hot (well..warm...) water bottle? That will stay pretty warm all night.

what like a coke bottle? yeah i could do that, dont have a proper hot water bottle though...do they still make them?
matty18714 Posted - 08/07/2009 : 17:15:57
Hot (well..warm...) water bottle? That will stay pretty warm all night.
wolfspirit Posted - 08/07/2009 : 17:09:59
quote:

Dont bother putting them together, it will just cause more problems than it will solve.

i did say i wasnt sure..lol..i probably would not anyway..

i will sort something out..even if it mean sleeping with the heating way up high...

hopefully habistat will do a quick turn around...
matty18714 Posted - 08/07/2009 : 17:06:58
Dont bother putting them together, it will just cause more problems than it will solve.
wolfspirit Posted - 08/07/2009 : 16:51:06
quote:
Originally posted by Kazerella

Must be something in the air because 2 of our stats have gone dodgy this week - Cyd's and Casper's!

Think that's why Cyd has retained that egg because the temps fell just at the wrong time. Stupid machines

Has Cyd not dropped that egg yet?

quote:

Have you not got a spare mat?

i have if i take it off Kaylas rub, but i dont want to do that, the other option is to stick him in with Peanut for a few days..
not sure if i will yet though..
wolfspirit Posted - 08/07/2009 : 16:48:10
quote:
Originally posted by Remmy

If Oscar has got a ceramic heater then that will work on a pulse stat. If he has got a heat lamp then maybe you can run an extension lead from another stat. Sorry Wolfspirit just trying to help.

i know thanks, i appreciate it, but the other dimmer stat is downstairs..

i will sort something in the morning, in the meantime i will have to have the heating on tonight to get the room temps up and hopefully that will help
Remmy Posted - 08/07/2009 : 16:20:51
Its wierd how they are going in the hot weather. You would think they would go in the winter when they have to work harder.
matty18714 Posted - 08/07/2009 : 16:20:13
Have you not got a spare mat?

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000