The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 09 royal rat size?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ukglyn Posted - 16/07/2009 : 19:19:32
Hi all thanks for your advice on rats instead of mice for my royal thread last night.
Next question, is it weaner rats that i want to be getting to feed him on, he takes medium mice no probs but have never got rats before so no idea on sizes they come in?
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ukglyn Posted - 16/07/2009 : 21:10:38
quote:
Originally posted by shep6413

weigh the snake, then you will be look for a rat 10%/15% the body weight of the snake

Ok thanks, will get him out later & pop him on the kitchen scales.
shep6413 Posted - 16/07/2009 : 20:47:14
weigh the snake, then you will be look for a rat 10%/15% the body weight of the snake
sexychef Posted - 16/07/2009 : 19:46:46
quote:
Originally posted by 337smile

quote:
Originally posted by sexychef

yeah rat fuzzys about 15-25grams can be tricky to get hold of so if you can get a few to start you off

I knew it had a 15 in there somewhere

Sorry if i'm hijacking the thread a little but is 15 - 25g not a little big for a royal that is probably going to weigh less than 100g? I'm only asking because mine always seems hungry. Two days after feeding he's always up and looking for more

15grams will is about right a small to medium mouse will be about 8-14 grams
ukglyn Posted - 16/07/2009 : 19:38:15
quote:
Originally posted by 337smile

Whereabouts in UK are you? Someone might be able to recommend somehwere.

Good point!

I am in Cannock Staffs.
337smile Posted - 16/07/2009 : 19:37:12
Whereabouts in UK are you? Someone might be able to recommend somehwere.
ukglyn Posted - 16/07/2009 : 19:35:04
Ok thanks for replying both, I have not weighed him as yet as only had him 3 weeks so letting him settle before disturbing him to much (have cheated & handled him a couple of times though). He is about 16-17 inch long if that helps any?
I will try our local shops to see if I can get rat fluffs/fuzzies then before ordering online.
337smile Posted - 16/07/2009 : 19:34:21
quote:
Originally posted by sexychef

yeah rat fuzzys about 15-25grams can be tricky to get hold of so if you can get a few to start you off

I knew it had a 15 in there somewhere

Sorry if i'm hijacking the thread a little but is 15 - 25g not a little big for a royal that is probably going to weigh less than 100g? I'm only asking because mine always seems hungry. Two days after feeding he's always up and looking for more
sexychef Posted - 16/07/2009 : 19:29:49
337smile Posted - 16/07/2009 : 19:25:51
Hi Glyn. I've an 09 royal and i'm struggling to get suitable sized rats too. He's been on rat pups up until last week when i had to give him medium mice because the pups were not filling him up at all, even when I gave him two at a time. How much does he weigh? The size you are probably going to need is the same as me; rat fluffs/ fuzzies. They weigh between 11 and 15g I think. My problem is no shops near me sell them and one said they had ordered some in, but they turned out just to be pups. You can get them online(see below) but I'm working during day so its no good for me.

www.888reptiles.co.uk/productdynamiccategory.php?DynamicCategoryID=20

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000