The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 help

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
terry egan Posted - 18/07/2009 : 16:04:12
hi Riz is OK still letting her settle in. As i am a new member and new to snakes would like some pos feed back have read a lot on here just need some encouragement for when i feed her and generally pick her up,its my fault have been reading about the people on here that have taken a tag i am not looking forward to this if it happened. all i want to here is (everything) will be OK will post some more pics soon. only had Riz since Thursday will be feeding her in the next day or two any prob will let you know thanks to those who have already given good advice special thanks to the person who helped me get the first pic up. have been looking at making one more Viv.
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
terry egan Posted - 19/07/2009 : 11:55:51
here he is
terry egan Posted - 19/07/2009 : 11:47:09
Thanls for the advice spor. riz only had one hide i made him one more. the substrate is light wood chip, will replace with paper when i feed as you said. The temps are ok i was thinking later on to get a ceramic heat lamp saw one on ebay with fittings for £15.Riz is in shed at the moment will feed him on thursday will post pics.
spor Posted - 19/07/2009 : 03:17:33
well as you can see every one is telling you not to worry. your welcome for the help with photo... Just as you are talking about feeding. what substrate to you have in your viv? you don't want to risk your baby swallowing any substrate. as you may have already read on several posts, paper towel is a good way to go with young royals or if you have aspen or orchid bark in your viv already then placing some paper towel under where you are offering the food or a piece of lino. this also means that if the food falls it will be on a clean surface. I know alot of other on here feed there snake in a seperate container. but for a young royal who is just settling in moving it again may not be the best idea. good luck anyway. are your temps and everything ok? and hides and both sides (warm and cool) of the viv? just checking as a lot of people seem to be told that they only need the one hide.
wolfspirit Posted - 18/07/2009 : 20:29:17
quote:
Originally posted by dazb

You will be fine mate...

Most people who have been tagged (myself included) have got it from other snakes. Dont think anyone has been tagged by their royals on here...

I have been tagged by Kazz, but it was totally my fault...

karl Posted - 18/07/2009 : 20:12:31
Strangely its my new Irian Jaya that wants to eat me the most, can't blame it, it's only lived here a week (nearly)

The Boa didn't hurt, it was just relentless, the lad that bought it was amazed he was tagged 7 times within a few minutes, each leaving its mark.
I have had wiked snakes before, but that one was just a weird snake, the only way to subdue her was to do something I don't like doing, keeping her cool, kept at 22c she was a nice docile snake, 23c and over and she was a freaking nightmare.

anyways, I digress, Royals are too lazy to bite people, heck, they often fail to bite food, lol
dazb Posted - 18/07/2009 : 19:55:16
I got tagged again today on my fore arm off my JCP and didnt even flinch...the first time is shock. Plus it not as if they latch on and start chewing...you prob wont even see it...
karl Posted - 18/07/2009 : 19:36:00
I am one of the biggest girls when it comes to thinking I'm gonna get bit, I KNOW it doesn't hurt, I KNOW I shouldn't worry, but years after getting my first snake I STILL JUMP sometimes when I think I'm about to get whacked. Apart from the evil bitey thing (dwarf Boa) I had, I hadn't been bit since the mid 90s.

It's only when you think about getting bit that you tend to get bit, confident handling and no hesitation are the key.

If you are really worried, and there is no real reason to be, then wear a glove the first few times to ease you into it.
lee2308 Posted - 18/07/2009 : 19:08:43
you'll be ok
Blackecho Posted - 18/07/2009 : 18:48:52
I have but its still nothing to worry about.
dazb Posted - 18/07/2009 : 18:38:21
You will be fine mate...

Most people who have been tagged (myself included) have got it from other snakes. Dont think anyone has been tagged by their royals on here...
337smile Posted - 18/07/2009 : 18:12:39
You may want to wait until Thursday before trying a feed. Give her a week to settle. Most people on here advised me not to handle until she is feeding regularly
337smile Posted - 18/07/2009 : 18:11:21
Everything will be fine. I got a little tag but only because I put my hand in to pick up mouse I had dropped in her home while she was in feeding mode. Be confident when you pick her up, without scaring her. Make sure she knows you are there. Try not to hover you hand nervously when you move to pick her up, that way she won't confuse your hand with a wiggly mouse. Use tongs for feeding and there is no risk there.
Blackecho Posted - 18/07/2009 : 16:39:30
quote:
Originally posted by terry egan

all i want to here is (everything) will be OK

Everything will be ok.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000