The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Shed

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
337smile Posted - 04/08/2009 : 18:30:48
Ok folks. I know what you are thinking.... yawn.... another shed post. I just really want him to shed in one piece this time

Richard Parker was due a feed yesterday but he hadn't been doing his usual 4th and 5th day hunting ritual. He hadn't left his hide. I thought that seeing as he wasn't prowling like he usually does and that his last meal was his first fluff, I would leave it another day or two. I checked him tonight and his eyes are blue. So that explains his loss of appetite. Here's my plan to help him shed in one piece:

Last time he shed he was in a faunarium and I put some moss under his cool hide. He didn't bother using it and shed in about 5-6 pieces with a bit left on his mouth.
No good.

This time he is in a rub (less ventilation) so it should be easier to raise the humidity slightly (as I can vouch for from went I spilt his water slighty and rub was full of condensation for day). I'm going to put the moss in cool hide again, and once his eyes have cleared (shed the next day last time) I am going to lightly spray the warm end just on the days he is due to shed.

Questions:

That plan sound ok?

Is the risk of an RI from high humidity still present even though it would just be for 2-3 days? I will clean and dry it out as soon as he has shed. Just to add, I won't be rasing humidity to stupid levels.

Thanks

Lee
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
wolfspirit Posted - 04/08/2009 : 19:38:48
Well, with my two baby royals i just add a damp tissue into the warm end to create a little humidity,

if your going to add moss you need to add it more towards the warm end of the viv top create the humidity naturally, in the cold end it will be just cold..

he should be fine on the ri thingy as long as he does not get to cold...hence putting the moss box in the middle of the viv..

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000