The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 A few questions

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
PurplePets Posted - 13/08/2009 : 08:18:24
I am seriously considering a royal. I have done research etc and am looking to adopt one from a friend.

The problem is i also have furry pets. I have a house rabbit and two syrian hamsters in my living room, which is where intended keeping the python.

My question is, would the scent of my other pets drive the snake wild? My understanding is my bunny is waay to big for the snake to attempt, so this would not be an issue. But the hamsters may cause a problem.

Just looking for some honest advice, thank you
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lee2308 Posted - 13/08/2009 : 22:27:59
quote:
Originally posted by wolfspirit

hi

i have multis in the same room as my royals and a hamster and a gerbil, and have never had a problem...the hamster cage is right next to them to..

You tease
Blackecho Posted - 13/08/2009 : 19:11:01
Safest to keep in separate rooms then.
PurplePets Posted - 13/08/2009 : 18:37:50
Thank you very much for the responces.
I have had mixed responces from different people and its making it a very hard choice.
I dont want to take on an animal and have it stressed or have my existing pets stressed, so im not taking the decision lightly.
wolfspirit Posted - 13/08/2009 : 13:47:26
hi

i have multis in the same room as my royals and a hamster and a gerbil, and have never had a problem...the hamster cage is right next to them to..
karl Posted - 13/08/2009 : 13:41:17
If the Royal has never eaten a hamster I cannot forsee a problem tbh. It shouldn't recognise the scent of a hamster as food. (anyways, hamsters only last a few years so wouldn't be a long term problem)
Gingerpony Posted - 13/08/2009 : 12:51:42
potentially yes...........

but i'd try it and if the royal seems stressed then move it into another room in the house (away from the critters!), if it copes ok then cool
chris100575 Posted - 13/08/2009 : 08:54:08
I honestly don't know about the hamsters, but we have two cats who come into the living room where the snakes are and they don't seem to bother them at all. I wouldn't have thought it'd be a problem.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000