The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Not sure what to do.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Janos Posted - 22/08/2009 : 16:26:03
Hey all.
My 09 Royal had his first rat fluff on his last feed, though I just got back from my local reptile shop and I was told that they don't have any rat fluffs in stock, expecting some next week >.<.
I'm not sure what to do..
Thing is, I do have a medium mouse in my freezer that I got for my corn, one that I've kinda just left there since its a black mouse rather than a white mouse, and my corn has always been on white mice.
Ozzy (my royal) was last fed on 17/8, and I know it's my own fault for leaving getting his food for so long, but I'm not sure what to do. Should I wait until half way through next week to get him his rat fluff, since I just switched him, or should I feed him the medium mouse?.
Also, I'm actually gonna be moving house next week, just to a flat two blocks away, but this will happen around Wednesday-Thursday next week, hence there'll be new smells and stuff. I'm planning on giving both snakes a while to settle in before offering them food then, but I guess this is a factor I should mention.

Thanks in advance!
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
karl Posted - 23/08/2009 : 09:40:11
won't hurt them to wait an extra week. I occasionally change the dates on feeds with mine (we can pretend it's not cos I forget which day I feed on ;) )
lee2308 Posted - 22/08/2009 : 21:08:35
as above,give him the mouse and he will hold out for them all the time,so just wait.
boze Posted - 22/08/2009 : 20:16:27
Dont use the mouse, he might start refusing rats if you do and you dont want that.....

D
Janos Posted - 22/08/2009 : 19:12:29
I'm in Dundee, Scotland, a good few miles up north than most here ^^;
sexychef Posted - 22/08/2009 : 17:24:21
where abouts are u?
Janos Posted - 22/08/2009 : 17:08:16
That never occurred to me. I'm right next to the city centre, so I'm bound to have a few within walking distance or on a bus route.
I'll ask the internet, and call them up before paying a visit so I'm not wasting my time. Otherwise I'll just leave it.
Thanks for the replies all =).
Remmy Posted - 22/08/2009 : 17:04:33
As matty said i would just wait. My local garden center sells them as well in its pet corner.
sexychef Posted - 22/08/2009 : 16:56:25
yeah some pets at home stock them and local pet suplies do to
Janos Posted - 22/08/2009 : 16:40:37
quote:
Originally posted by sexychef

have you got any other pet shops round you even ones that dont do reps sometimes sell frozen rats

What, seriously? o.o.
matty18714 Posted - 22/08/2009 : 16:35:29
Its up to you really. Personaly, I would just wait. Its one of the good points of keeping snakes, it wont harm them to wait a bit.
sexychef Posted - 22/08/2009 : 16:33:54
have you got any other pet shops round you even ones that dont do reps sometimes sell frozen rats

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000