The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Filling the viv

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SPACKlick Posted - 27/08/2009 : 01:03:51
So the new snake is confirmed as ready for collection, the vivarium is constructed and no longer smells of acid from the sealant, it's getting to temperature and now my mind turns to hide(s), water bowl, substrate and things of snakey interest (branches/foliage etc)

Sadly, due to unforseen circumstances I am now working on an extremely tight budget, any advice on how to set my snake up in a happy way cheaply?

I was considering making hides and waterbowls myself out of plaster or salt dough, saw the how to in the DIY section, paint looks a little expensive there. Any advice appreciated especially if it inludes a way to source things in the north east.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
spor Posted - 02/09/2009 : 00:01:03
Are if you are feeling creative you can follow the instructions in the DIY section for making your own hides out of salt doe.
I had great fun making these with the kids and made 6 at one go of different sizes so covered as well for when they get a bit bigger. The snake that is not the kids) LOL
lee2308 Posted - 27/08/2009 : 13:40:33
i use pyrex cooking dishes for water bowls and one viv has cereal boxs as hides because shes in quarateen,you can use things like used utter tubs for hides ect,plenty of stuff around the house to use,makes no differance to the snake.
antw23uk Posted - 27/08/2009 : 08:55:35
Defo news paper for substrate and cereal boxes(or similar)as hides. If you have a Hobby Craft near you then they sell a really long plastic vine for about £5 and you can cut it down to make several plants
karl Posted - 27/08/2009 : 08:08:56
Coconut hides are only 59p for two if you buy a coconut, eat the innards and cut in half ;)
Blackecho Posted - 27/08/2009 : 06:17:55
The painting is for your benefit, the snake doesn't care as long as it's sealed.

Hides can be anything really, cut down cereal boxes or egg cartons for instance. Water bowls are much cheaper if you get something like a dog bowl. However, if a hatchling I'm sure you could find something suitable in the house. For a cheap substrate you can't really get cheaper than newspaper.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000