The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 First shed and poo

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
russm Posted - 03/09/2009 : 08:05:10
Woo Hoo. I went home to check on Memphis last night and he had some how managed to shed in his hide. Not as good as I was hoping for as it had come off in three or four bits but he got there in the end. He does however have about an inch left on his tail. Anyone know the best way to get rid of this?
He also did his first poo along with a huge pee. I was amazed that something so small could produce so much. Glad it has happened as I was desperate to know what I was looking for.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
boze Posted - 03/09/2009 : 17:47:56
I use damp paper towels in the bottom of a philadelphia tub with a hole cut in the lid as a damp hide when sals shedding and its off in one piece. Next time hes going into shed put one in his viv and change the towels everyday or every other day and he'll have no problems

D
karl Posted - 03/09/2009 : 12:48:32
once the tail is a touch damp try and tease it off by rolling it slightly. I tend to try and act as the thing that snags the shed, and allow the snake to do the pulling ;)

russm Posted - 03/09/2009 : 10:10:08
I will use the towel trick for now. I was going to get another hide and some moss but i did not get a chance to get to the shop before he shed. I will have it for next time. I did take the chance to weigh him and he is still steadily putting on weight. He was up to 123 after his poo and he was only weighing 120g before he went.
kashie Posted - 03/09/2009 : 10:03:47
Vaz is right soak tail in water for a while and towel dry - should come away.
Others try a moss hide and that sometimes helps the snake do it themselves.
madmez Posted - 03/09/2009 : 09:36:00
Lucky you
Still no number two's
Vazzza Posted - 03/09/2009 : 09:35:44
I'm looking forward to my first shed in the next week or so, fingers crossed for no retained eye-caps!

Damp towel seems to be the way forward for most people. Just let him run through it I believe applying a small bit of pressure to help the skin come off. Either that or a luke warm bath for a while then the towel trick. But as always Russ, don't take my word for it, wait for someone with more than half a clue to come along

EDIT: Forgot to say aswell, don't forget to weigh him whilst he's empty!

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000