The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 ill snake?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
howie Posted - 08/09/2009 : 20:36:58
help i think my royal python is ill its got fatter around its tail end might be blocked not sure been ok up to now feeds good and poo o onlyhad 2 months looks like going to shed eyes turned but the swelling not look good is this normal thanks
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lee2308 Posted - 16/09/2009 : 13:56:00
has th swelling gone?
howie Posted - 16/09/2009 : 13:07:18
thanks for advice snake doing fine ow was due to shed first time had trouble had to get damp cloth day after to remove rest off thanks
ddm10 Posted - 09/09/2009 : 20:27:31
quote:
not sure what you mean substrate ?

Just meant the stuff on the floor of the viv, like aspen or bark if you've got bark chips best idea is to feed him on newspaper. You can just lay it over the bark and fed him on that, that means that he can't ingest any substrate and provents him getting blocked up. An alternative is to feed him out of the viv in a spare container, like a box or rub, but be careful placing him back after eating, too much handiling could make him throw.
howie Posted - 09/09/2009 : 19:15:24
thnik it might of picked up bark chipping while eating only other explination might be blocked up by that not sure will leave it few more days then take it to see someone many thaks all i think i wil learn alot on ere
howie Posted - 09/09/2009 : 18:17:58
not sure what you mean substrate ? i feed every 5 6 days and been ok had it now for 7 weeks the swelling isabout 1 inch in from tip of tail just seems very sluggish and eyes gone milky should be nearly ready to shed but not sure thanks for advice
ddm10 Posted - 08/09/2009 : 22:37:04
hi mate, wouldn't worry too much,it usually gets a little swollen if they're about to drop a log. Just out of interest do you feed him on the substrate?
howie Posted - 08/09/2009 : 20:51:02
thanks i will try what i can and get some pics
boze Posted - 08/09/2009 : 20:41:20
Might be about ready to do a massive pee, got any pictures? Take a few if you can from different angles to be sure.

Dont panic, its most likely nothing but get some pics up so we can see.

D
Gingerpony Posted - 08/09/2009 : 20:41:10
a warm bath might help the shed and any constipation, swelling if they're constipated is usually just infront of the vent area

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000