The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Bulb And RUB?!?!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
boze Posted - 11/09/2009 : 14:46:27
Hey folks, just wondering how many people use a ceramic bulb in a large RUB? Im thinking forward for when Sal gets moved into a bigger one. Its impossible to get cool end temps up on a heat mat as it is but when she gets moved into a bigger RUB I really dont want a big area of cold air around her if you know what i mean?

So basically can I use a ceramic bulb with a RUB? Also does anybody have any tips on how to figure out how far to one side to put the bulb in the lid to achieve a good gradient inside?

cheers in advance

D
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
boze Posted - 11/09/2009 : 19:02:04
Ok thanks

D
Blackecho Posted - 11/09/2009 : 18:08:20
At maybe 2 - 3' for me.
boze Posted - 11/09/2009 : 16:58:02
Havent tried getting a bigger mat yet, the mat ive got covers a good 1/3 to 1/2 of the rub as it is, didnt think of getting a viv as I didnt think she would be big enough. At what size should you move them into a viv?

D
matty18714 Posted - 11/09/2009 : 16:12:21
You cant. Why not get a viv?
dazb Posted - 11/09/2009 : 16:11:55
I havent heard of using a lamp in a RUB. Have you tried a bigger heat mat? where do you have your stat probe? I used to have to put mine inside the RUB rather than directly on the mat to get the temps high enough.

If your struggling to achieve a good gradient you could always use a 2 heat mats. 1 at one end set to heat the warm end and 1 at the other to raise the cool end temp, but you may need another stat or a plug in dimmer socket.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000