The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 quarantining

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ookami Posted - 25/09/2009 : 13:01:44
i am about to buy my first royal python
i already have a corn snake and was wondering how i go about quarantining it?
is it a case of seperate rooms and washing hands before and after touching aech snake or is there more to it?
thanks in advance x
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
spor Posted - 27/09/2009 : 02:10:19
not generally. a difference but as with everything each snake is different and has their own little personality.
ookami Posted - 26/09/2009 : 13:54:38
think when i get it ill keep them seperate i also have hand sanitizer beside my corns viv and use it even if im just changing the water lol
thanks guys ill post some pics once i get it and its settled in :)
just an after thought is there any difference in tempraments between males and females?
karl Posted - 26/09/2009 : 12:39:39
big thing is mites for colourbrids to pythons, as the dreaded IBD (afaik) hasn't been seen to transfer from corns to pythons.

I'll be honest, for a corn and royal, so long as I checked the animal and was happy, I would have them in the same room, but I freely admit I am ALOT more relaxed than some....
spor Posted - 26/09/2009 : 00:40:43
yeah separate room ideal as BE said. I keep use bottled sanitizer beside vivs and clean hands before and after handling all my snakes. i have a poorly royal in quarantine at the min. And have made sure i have only gone near her with short sleeves, then i can give my arms and hands a good clean. Not taking any chances.
lee2308 Posted - 25/09/2009 : 21:22:08
always see to your new snake last
matty18714 Posted - 25/09/2009 : 18:38:13
I agree Piers.

Boas and royals are more closly related to each other than corns, but boas can carry problems that they dont always show which can be passed onto other animals (i.e IBD). If a corn or royal has something like that, it will generaly be very easy for the keeper to notice.
ookami Posted - 25/09/2009 : 18:33:55
is this because the latter are more closely related or what?
Blackecho Posted - 25/09/2009 : 13:59:43
Some people say 3 months, some 6. However, I don't think that Corns to Pythons is anywhere near as dangerous as for instance Boas to Pythons.
ookami Posted - 25/09/2009 : 13:25:35
yeah id be able to keep 1 in the bedroom and the corns already in the living room
how long would this be for im thinking 2-3 months is this ok or longer? x
Blackecho Posted - 25/09/2009 : 13:17:01
Separate room is ideal if possible.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000