The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 250w ceramic

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
wolfspirit Posted - 29/09/2009 : 11:34:19
Need to get another ceramic heat bulb but the only one in the shop is a 250w, is this going to be ok for a microclimate dimmer and in a 3 foot viv?

will it be to powerful?

thanks
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
wolfspirit Posted - 01/10/2009 : 08:30:16
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

Daz and his adult conversation?

ha ha...its cool..

i even understood his accent...

i love the way Ali and DB sound, though Ali has a broader accent i think...
Blackecho Posted - 01/10/2009 : 07:25:53
Daz and his adult conversation?
wolfspirit Posted - 30/09/2009 : 21:29:45
quote:
Originally posted by dazb

Hi Anne sorry I didnt call you last nite was a little pre-occupied...are you sorted or do you need a chat...?

thank you for the chin wag...was nice to have some adult conversation..lol..
wolfspirit Posted - 30/09/2009 : 20:11:43
quote:
Originally posted by dazb

Hi Anne sorry I didnt call you last nite was a little pre-occupied...are you sorted or do you need a chat...?

thats ok, no need to apologize..

i think the stat is dodgy so going to send it back, unless you have any other ideas..
dazb Posted - 30/09/2009 : 19:59:06
wolfspirit Posted - 30/09/2009 : 11:03:36
quote:
Originally posted by karl

sent you a pm on the darkside, still under warranty as under a year old, details in the PM

ok thanks...left the heating on last night just to keep room temps up as it gets cold in the lounge...lol..
karl Posted - 30/09/2009 : 10:50:57
sent you a pm on the darkside, still under warranty as under a year old, details in the PM
wolfspirit Posted - 30/09/2009 : 07:52:01
decided to get a pulse today and car tax can wait...lol..

wolfspirit Posted - 29/09/2009 : 23:23:04
quote:

I bought it from 888 reptiles, will look for the email receipt for you

edit

no record of the receipt in my inbox, but 99% sure it was very beginning of this year.

no worries, these things happen, i have put the heat mat back in for now and will get a pulse sorted after i have paid my car tax...

good news she has i think shed complete well in bits complete, but i cant find eye caps so will check her eyes in the morning..she looks gorgeous now..
wolfspirit Posted - 29/09/2009 : 23:10:24
quote:

thanks, i need to get another one before Thursday when temps are due to drop outside...

i had not used it till today either, and was so chuffed to finally be getting her on proper heat and now this...lol..am totally gutted..

going to look on the dark side for a pulse..
wolfspirit Posted - 29/09/2009 : 23:09:07
quote:

the thing on the bottom is just for the sensitivity of the night light. It will flicker if it "sees" light and thinks it's gone to daytime.

If the temps due to soak are in the 30s then any heat from the bulb would cause it to go up very quickly. Seems very strange, do you see the heat light coming on? the dial sounds way out, but then again, no more than one I have here at home (reads 22 on the dial at 30c, guess that's why we advise people to use good thermometers as well)

temps are now sitting at 48.5 the bulb was not on but came on when i was sat here, but not the light in the stat that is still off..

i put the dial right down to the minimum temp which is now at 19...

i just cant get this right...and its frustrating me now..
karl Posted - 29/09/2009 : 23:08:13

edit

no record of the receipt in my inbox, but 99% sure it was very beginning of this year.
karl Posted - 29/09/2009 : 23:05:49
the thing on the bottom is just for the sensitivity of the night light. It will flicker if it "sees" light and thinks it's gone to daytime.

If the temps due to soak are in the 30s then any heat from the bulb would cause it to go up very quickly. Seems very strange, do you see the heat light coming on? the dial sounds way out, but then again, no more than one I have here at home (reads 22 on the dial at 30c, guess that's why we advise people to use good thermometers as well)
wolfspirit Posted - 29/09/2009 : 23:01:42
spoke to soon, temps have just shot up to 43 and the stat is on 24 still.lol.so must be the stat i think...

Karl that night thing on it, what does that button underneath do?
the light on that has come on twice and then gone off again..
wolfspirit Posted - 29/09/2009 : 22:54:32
quote:
Originally posted by spor

quote:

its a 600w B1e magic eye stat

lamp is definitely not to strong for that then.

it will sort out, if neccessary i will go and get a 100w infrared tomorrow

cool end is fine, its sitting at 29 so thats ok ish...

but when i go to bed tonight the room temp will drop so i am guessing the stat will kick in and then need to see what it does..have moved the thermometer on top of her hide moved the hide under the bulb, and waiting to see what it does...but nothing is happening..lol..

i might be in for a late night me thinks..
spor Posted - 29/09/2009 : 22:50:18
quote:

lamp is definitely not to strong for that then.
wolfspirit Posted - 29/09/2009 : 22:39:34
nice guard Ali, like the colour to...

ok, i have just left the bulb off cos i wanted to see what heat transfer was coming from below, but it sat at 30, i can reduce that with more newspaper..

i have now moved the probe to the back wall and the digi thermometer is on the floor right now and its reading 33.4...fluctuating between that and 33.6..but the stat is only set at 76/24

the stat is not on, the only light in is the night light, but i set the drop at zero so it should not effect it at all..
karl Posted - 29/09/2009 : 22:34:52
spor Posted - 29/09/2009 : 22:28:46
Have you got another stat that you can test run the lamp on. ? is it a microstat. 100w version of 300w version? it really does sound like the stat has had it.
Gingerpony Posted - 29/09/2009 : 22:26:17
heya hun did darren phone you to help?

i suspend the stat probe from my rep rad guard using a piece of wire and have the temp probe on top of the hide (below the rep rad, just out of the pic)
i've found the temps pretty accurate, and cos the stat probe is suspended it can't be laid on by a cold snake which would otherwise send the temps soaring!
hope this makes sense and that the pic helps

Reptile Radiator guard made by Reptiles-ink

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000