The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 thermostat probes.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
roy Posted - 29/09/2009 : 15:59:31
I'm housing my new addition in an exo terra faunarium, just wondering what would be the best way to put the probe in, as there is no hole,(surely exo terra should have noticed this omition from their faunariums?) Perhaps I could make a hole with a soldering iron? at the moment I've wedged the lid on the cable, but this will probably damage the cable over time. Any ideas greatfully recieved.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Blackecho Posted - 29/09/2009 : 18:33:37
Mine have all gone into vivs at around the 300g mark.
spor Posted - 29/09/2009 : 17:15:49
yeah thats a good idea. By that time you my have another one
roy Posted - 29/09/2009 : 16:59:51
Yes that is sensible. My house resembles a pet shop at the moment, so one more viv won't make a lot of difference. I think I will keep him in his RUB for a couple of months now, till he's hopefully eating well, then consider a sml viv.
spor Posted - 29/09/2009 : 16:51:37
yes I would agree. but have i chosen to go against that. Yes. i have mine now in a small wooden vivs , measuring 20"x15" or there abouts. Each one has four hides to choose from and plenty of greenery etc so it does feel quite secure. they only weigh around 170g. Now mine vivs are costume built by my self. it is actually a large double stack that i built and then put a partition in to make to smaller vivs. then as they get bigger the partitions can be removed. Now this was my choice and would not necessarily advice any one else to do it.( i also thought it would be safer as i have two you kids and a dog) i also knew i would be getting more snakes so it seemed to make more sense to me.

I do have to say that keeping them in a rub until they are a bit bigger really is the best idea. apart from the practical reasons of being easier to clean and security for the snake, it also means you can take your time gathering the bits and pieces needed for a viv and also if for some reason you decide that you can no long keep your snake, then you haven't forked out a fortune on a viv set up.
roy Posted - 29/09/2009 : 16:28:10
Ahh, ok thanks again for advice Spor. I would've prefered to put him in a sml wood viv, but all the books/articles I've read advise the use of a RUB till he weighs 800gm as these are 'the best option' for RPs because of the feeling of security. Would you agree.
spor Posted - 29/09/2009 : 16:19:35
you could just stick the probe to you heat mat. then use your digital thermometer instead faun to monitor temps. you could also make a hole. A lot of people would use the faun for smaller reptiles eg corn snake hatchlings which would have no problems getting out through a probe sized hole. LOL

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000