The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 shedding mystery???

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
reptilekeeper1992 Posted - 16/10/2009 : 18:06:21
Boo has been going through shedding process since 7th October (when I noticed her eyes were starting to dull in colour). A couple of days ago her eyes started to go clear and last night they were clear and bright.
Today i just got back from college went to check her and she is nice and shinny and happy to be held and really active. However i took her viv 'apart' (took everything out), but could find no skin.
Apart from a barely pink tummy, she looks like she has shed. Unless she was that hungry she ate it i cant see her skin, unless she hasnt shed, but it really does look like she has shed.

13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
karl Posted - 17/10/2009 : 18:56:01
congrats, Jasper did a 6ft+ shed last night too (really need to measure him as I didn't think he was that big)
reptilekeeper1992 Posted - 17/10/2009 : 17:23:07
it all good news, Boo shed today while I was at work. She didnt shed it all in one piece, she shed in 3 pieces, the head and neck, body and finally the tail. But she looked very impressed with herself and she is searching for food, defrosting a rat pup for her now
Robert Posted - 16/10/2009 : 22:20:52
Well that is very strange because my female normal went milky a couple of weeks ago and then cleared I was waiting for the shed and prepared with her damp box and nothing !! she is now milky again so I think this time she will shed - must be the weather lol
reptilekeeper1992 Posted - 16/10/2009 : 22:16:18
im not too sure really, i havent seen that happen before, i did see your thread but didnt answer because i was unsure, didnt really know what to say.

never mind, im sure Boo will manage, she has shed when she wasnt with me so she probably knows what she is doing
hodgie Posted - 16/10/2009 : 22:10:43
Im going through the same thing with one of my females looks like she should have shed about a month ago, her eyes cleared but are now slightly dull. I made a thread here but didnt get many reply`s http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2812
Im still not sure if theres anything wrong or not.
reptilekeeper1992 Posted - 16/10/2009 : 22:10:30
hehe yea probably would. I will see how she goes, she was meant to be starting on rats a couple of weeks ago, but shed got in the way. i know it can be hard to get them from mice to rats, but when she has finished shedding hopefully she will be too hungry to argue!!!!
karl Posted - 16/10/2009 : 21:48:25
I always offer, let the snake decide if it's hungry. Jasper has been in shed since I got him on the 30th September! (but he is an older Carpet python) he too has gone shiny, but no shed (and I'm guessing 5ft of shed would be hard to miss)
reptilekeeper1992 Posted - 16/10/2009 : 21:19:24
will do
matty18714 Posted - 16/10/2009 : 20:52:11
I would just leave her.
reptilekeeper1992 Posted - 16/10/2009 : 20:44:05
i have pulled out everything and honestly could not see anything. I rooted around in the wood chippings, in case it all broke up, and in very small pieces in with the substrate.
I believe that she most probably is still in shed, but I will double check her before I go to work tomorrow morning, and when I get back.

Its been nearly 2 weeks since she last ate, hehe, she looks miserable, im tempted to give her something little, as i know some people do feed their snakes during feeding, but I left her because that was what the majority of people do. Wondering whether to see if she wants a mouse fluff to keep her going, but might stretch her skin too much so might not.
lee2308 Posted - 16/10/2009 : 20:39:36
Check in the hides,the sheds can be rolled up very small
reptilekeeper1992 Posted - 16/10/2009 : 18:48:56
ok cheers
its just the uber shinny scales and bright black eyes
bit of a put off
lee2308 Posted - 16/10/2009 : 18:46:48
she hasnt shed yet,there is a period of usaly 2-7 days between eyes clearing and shedding

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000