The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 urgent help needed

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ridgie Posted - 17/10/2009 : 20:29:51
hi just bought a 09 hatchlin royal python. when i bought this snake was sold a faunarium heat mat with matstat and a cristal thermometer. have had this set up now for several hours with the thermometer stuck to the bottom over the heat mat which i was told to do! i was told to have the substrate at 90 deg. but the prob i am having is that the heat mat obviosly heats up over that temp. how can i tell what temp it is at. this is getting dresprate now as the snake was bought at 1pm
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
MissCat Posted - 17/10/2009 : 22:53:46
take it from me, not all teh shops know what they are talking about lol.
hope it is sorted, don't be afraid to come back on here again, saw your post on the "other" forum...it can get a little heated over there, generally, because it's a smaller forum here, it's nicer :D (again, i say that from experience :p)
ridgie Posted - 17/10/2009 : 21:34:40
i have just when with the peeps in the shop that sold him! they sounded like the knew what they were talking about!! i have now got the mat stat probe in the substrate and it seem to be setling down now. thanks for the help
[
MissCat Posted - 17/10/2009 : 20:56:15
Do you have a pic of the set up? Might be able to help a little more from that.
Welcome btw :D
Blackecho Posted - 17/10/2009 : 20:35:33
Turn the matstat down?

Ignore the numbers on the thermostat, use a digital thermometer to check the temps and adjust the thermostat until you have the correct temperature.

Please don't take this badly, but this is why it is recommended to have your setup in place an running before you get your snake.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000