The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 wobble in the spider morph

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ridgie Posted - 22/10/2009 : 21:20:13
hi there i hsve a wee question to ask! i am going to buy a spider and the breeder i have been speaking to says the 1 he has left has a wobble. they said this is prety common with this morph. is this true and does it have any detremental effects on the snake. and would you ever concider it in a breeding programe?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Danny Action1 Posted - 22/10/2009 : 22:03:19
My spider is just the same you can only tell at feeding time i did read some where that some spiders will not show any signs for years and then one day have it bad so all depends if you could deal with a major case of the wobble.

Plus they are dust bins mine dont stop eating

quote:
Originally posted by Robert

Hi and welcome to the forum, I have recently acquired a Spider Royal and it appears that it is not uncommon for spiders to have a wobble it depends on when they wobble, serious wobbles and 'stargazing' could spell really big problems but I have noticed that my spider nods his head up and down very quickly when he is about to be fed and this seems to be a reaction due to excitement and anticipation because once he strikes the wobble has gone and he behaves quite normally, the only other time he has exhibited this is when he has been cleaned out and is exploring his home again. So if that's all this spider presents I would say that it is normal for spiders and what voracious feeders they are too, mine would eat every day if I presented food !lol

Blackecho Posted - 22/10/2009 : 21:59:58
All Spiders have some form of wobble, some learn to control it, some get worse as they age, it ranges from barely noticeable to only when feeding to full-scale corkscrewing.

Parents with barely a wobble mat breed terrible wobblers and vice versa.

It does not appear to be detrimental but who knows. Its the predominant reason I don't have spider based morphs in my collection.
Zoobeef Posted - 22/10/2009 : 21:31:36
So a bit like spider Royal ADHD then haha
karl Posted - 22/10/2009 : 21:30:24
The spider wobble is well known. According to BHP reptiles the trait doesn't follow in clutches, but it has to be hereditory.

The wobble is like a tremor of sorts. Here is an extreme case:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlX58vxt0AU

It can be as little as a small shaking of the head to that of the above
Robert Posted - 22/10/2009 : 21:27:50
Hi and welcome to the forum, I have recently acquired a Spider Royal and it appears that it is not uncommon for spiders to have a wobble it depends on when they wobble, serious wobbles and 'stargazing' could spell really big problems but I have noticed that my spider nods his head up and down very quickly when he is about to be fed and this seems to be a reaction due to excitement and anticipation because once he strikes the wobble has gone and he behaves quite normally, the only other time he has exhibited this is when he has been cleaned out and is exploring his home again. So if that's all this spider presents I would say that it is normal for spiders and what voracious feeders they are too, mine would eat every day if I presented food !lol
Zoobeef Posted - 22/10/2009 : 21:24:46
Sorry to jump in on your topic but whats a wobble?

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000