The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 New viv build, temps......

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
boze Posted - 25/10/2009 : 15:49:47
Hey folks, built this wee viv for sal and have had nice steady temps for about a week now of 91.8F in the warm end and 80.6F in the cool end. The thing is Ive just been thinking about the temp in her warm hide, as this is where she will no doubt be spending most of her time so I popped a temp probe in her hide and its sitting at about 81F...

I have a 75w Infra red bulb on a microclimate dimmer. The warm end thermometer probe and thermostat probe are tie wrapped together and sticking about 3 inches into the viv from the vent on the left side of the viv. Im just worried that its not going to be warm enough for her in her warm hide.

Can anyone help? If i put the stat probe inside her hide it means the temp outside her hide will be mental hot....

D
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
boze Posted - 26/10/2009 : 17:05:21
Cool, thanks guys :-)

D
spor Posted - 25/10/2009 : 22:23:48
I would but the stat and temp probe on the substrate under lamp and turn the stick the other way around so the highest apart is at the cooler end of the viv. Nice little build by the way
boze Posted - 25/10/2009 : 22:06:38
Thanks :) I was just worried that if its 90-ish Farenheit on the bottom then if she goes up that stick its gonna be close to 100F.... Should I just move the stick round or is it ok where it is?

D
Blackecho Posted - 25/10/2009 : 17:58:02
But you're measuring the temp half way up the viv, the snake is going to be on the substrate so that's where I'd measure it.

Nice viv btw.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000