The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 new hide

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ookami Posted - 05/11/2009 : 22:35:50
ive put in a bigger hide for Igbo as he was getting too small for his coconut,the problem is he hasnt come out all week that i know of and its feeding nite tommorow hes is usualy prowling the faun looking for his meal.is this normal his he maybe a bit stressed cos its bigger?also i moved him onto small rats this week and he took it no bother!! i asume the digestion process will be slower for a larger food item but that doesnt explain him not comming out for 5 days i have checked on him and he seems to be fine but i dont want to go in too much incase i sress him further

sorry about the legnth but the more i typed the more i thought to add lol xxx
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ookami Posted - 06/11/2009 : 20:57:05
im not worried anymore :)
it is comming off in "bits" though
bet when i clean the faun out tommoz he will poop soon after!! but isnt that always the way it goes in life????
i guess i am lucky with them being more active later on at nite ive had a corn for 6 years and never seen him shed once lol
Blackecho Posted - 06/11/2009 : 20:52:12
You're lucky to get to watch it. If he needs the moss hide he'll use it, don't worry.
ookami Posted - 06/11/2009 : 20:45:21
well its been almost 3 and a half hours now and Igbo is still shedding only got another 4 inches or so to go and he WILL NOT go into the moss box!!!!
ookami Posted - 06/11/2009 : 19:23:04
lol my tea was good as a matter of fact!!!
bengy_s Posted - 06/11/2009 : 18:55:10
The scary thing is your probably not joking! HAHA.
Blackecho Posted - 06/11/2009 : 18:53:58
Its part of the job description, I'm watching all of you!
bengy_s Posted - 06/11/2009 : 18:38:50
Thats quite scary Piers! You're too good at this!
Blackecho Posted - 06/11/2009 : 18:32:32
No probs, moss hides aren't always a necessity, I often forget to put one in or miss them going blue and they are almost always fine.

Glad your problem is solved (and your tea looked good )
ookami Posted - 06/11/2009 : 17:23:41
BE can you see into my hose and see Igbo?????
was sitting having my tea when i noticed Igbos hiode moving,,,,well i bout pooped myself,jumped up opened the faun,,,,,,,,,and lo and behold hes started to shed!!!! so went and got his moss box and poped it in.hopefully ive got in in time to help him shed and will feed him tommorow nite
thanks again xxx
ookami Posted - 06/11/2009 : 09:29:55
thanks BE im such a worrier lol i am worse with Igbo than i was with my first daughter !!!
Blackecho Posted - 06/11/2009 : 09:16:04
I know its quite soon, but if he's moved up food sizes its possible he's thinking about shedding again.

Also, it is getting cooler and darker, you may find that you don't see as much of him for the next few months.
ookami Posted - 06/11/2009 : 09:07:45
hiya he last shed on 5 october and he is 5 months old
Blackecho Posted - 06/11/2009 : 07:20:12
When did he last shed?

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000