The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 just a quick question - sounds silly

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
reptilekeeper1992 Posted - 10/11/2009 : 21:08:44
its best to weigh snakes when they are empty, then you get exact weight.
but when are they empty, if a snake eats every 5 days, then it takes 4 days to digest the food, but it may be weeks before they release any urate or poo, so my question is how do you know when they are empty

told you it was silly
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
spor Posted - 12/11/2009 : 00:41:48
i just weigh mine when ever as well put because i keep records of all feeds, sheds etc i can always make comparisons or if there is something irregular i can look at notes and work it out.
reptilekeeper1992 Posted - 11/11/2009 : 09:07:24
they have very pretty colours the dart frogs. Hmmm might have to do some "mum...you know you love me..."
reptiles-ink Posted - 11/11/2009 : 07:46:44
I have millipedes and dart frogs, they are both great but if I had to choose 1 it would have to be the frogs.
reptilekeeper1992 Posted - 10/11/2009 : 22:29:31
thanks all
bengy_s Posted - 10/11/2009 : 22:23:22
Treat it as you'd weight yourself... If you weigh yourself in the morning before breakfast one day, to keep a constant control you should do it in the morning before breakfast anytime (you don't worry if you've gone to the toilet or not). Same with snakes as long as you do it around the same feed cycle i.e. a day before a feed each time you do it then that is as constant as you need.

As BE said though, it won't matter too much when because you won't be able to handle the snake until after 2 days post feed to be able to weigh it anyway, so the difference would be of no real concern.
reptilekeeper1992 Posted - 10/11/2009 : 22:12:43
you helped answer most of my questions BE so i take your word for it. I wanna new pet already. I love snakes but i been looking at the amphibian site and would love a fire salamander they are lovely, and they are selling in the pet shop 'dying poison arrow frogs' (love the name) which are bright blue and yellow and all prettiful . I would love also though (sounds wierd) a giant african millipede.

....i just went off topic to thread....oops
Blackecho Posted - 10/11/2009 : 22:09:07
I weigh mine as and when, I don't specifically wait for them to be empty.
reptilekeeper1992 Posted - 10/11/2009 : 21:59:26
that's what i used to do, but i weighed her when she pooed once and she was 205g and then i weighed her the week after when she pooed again and she only weighed 176g, maybe she didnt drop all her load

hehe
AddicksGlenn Posted - 10/11/2009 : 21:54:33
I just weigh mine after they've poo'd.
That way i know they're empty.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000