The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 feeding

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
michaela Posted - 18/11/2009 : 23:07:56
hi kaa(my python) last fed on the 5th of sept with a rat pup, she is about 3ft to 3 half ft she has gone abit saggy. i have offer her rat pup but didnt want them,i did put a live mouse in her tank on tuesday the 10th nove but did not want it so took it out sunday i really dont on wot to do next please help me
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
michaela Posted - 25/11/2009 : 17:47:57
quote:
Originally posted by Gingerpony

and even then a male can (understandably!) tense up when being probed and probe as a 'female', so best to get him/her done 2 or 3 times to be sure.

thanks for your helpi live on the isle of wight so to find a good experienced herpetologist could be tricky
Gingerpony Posted - 23/11/2009 : 20:18:11
and even then a male can (understandably!) tense up when being probed and probe as a 'female', so best to get him/her done 2 or 3 times to be sure.
Blackecho Posted - 22/11/2009 : 21:56:09
You would need an experienced herpetologist to either 'pop' or 'probe' him/her, there's no other way of telling for sure.
michaela Posted - 22/11/2009 : 21:54:15
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

No probs, warm him up for a week and then try again, good luck.

i have been told kaa is a she;sorry for keep asking you question but you do sound like you do know what you are talking about,how do you tell?loli do know there is an opening by there tail
Blackecho Posted - 22/11/2009 : 21:15:39
No probs, warm him up for a week and then try again, good luck.
michaela Posted - 22/11/2009 : 21:07:12
quote:

There is one obvious problem, Royals need heat to digest their meal, if they don't think they are capable of digesting, they will not eat as the food would rot inside them. Royals need a hot end of around 90F, not 80.

http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/royal_python_care_sheet.htm

Try reading that, it'll help you.

Photos, upload them to www.photobucket.com and then copy the IMG file and paste it into here.

thanks for your help
michaela Posted - 22/11/2009 : 21:00:16
quote:
Originally posted by madmez

Anything changed where she lives?
Temps gone down due to cold weather?
Shed?

thanks for your replyi got kaa the 25th aug and she came with the set up!the only changes was moving her to my place.the temp are 80 headed end and 75 cold end, she last shed the 10th oct
Blackecho Posted - 22/11/2009 : 20:58:55
There is one obvious problem, Royals need heat to digest their meal, if they don't think they are capable of digesting, they will not eat as the food would rot inside them. Royals need a hot end of around 90F, not 80.

http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/royal_python_care_sheet.htm

Try reading that, it'll help you.

Photos, upload them to www.photobucket.com and then copy the IMG file and paste it into here.
michaela Posted - 22/11/2009 : 20:53:10
quote:

How much does she weigh? - a rat pup for a 3.5' snake seems far too small, they may not even recognise it as food.

What are your temps?
When did she last shed?
Is she losing weight?
How are you preparing the rat?
What size is the viv, what have you got in there?
Any photos of the snake and the setup?

thank you for your reply answers to your questions;heated end 80 cold 75.she last shed was the 10th oct,i haven't weighed her but she has gone saggy but think it is due from not eating for 11 weeks?i prepare the rat pups by letting them thaw out room temp then heat them up.the viv is 4ft by 1ft(that was the viv she came in)as for the photos not sure how to put them on yet
Blackecho Posted - 19/11/2009 : 08:47:28
How much does she weigh? - a rat pup for a 3.5' snake seems far too small, they may not even recognise it as food.

What are your temps?
When did she last shed?
Is she losing weight?
How are you preparing the rat?
What size is the viv, what have you got in there?
Any photos of the snake and the setup?
madmez Posted - 18/11/2009 : 23:23:25
Anything changed where she lives?
Temps gone down due to cold weather?
Shed?

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000