The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Caging?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JOSHNROX Posted - 21/11/2009 : 16:57:13
i know they say royals are clumsy climbers etc etc but i have really got my heart set on one, and my mum has somehting to say to everything i have to say, so if i get a job,(her conditions) etcetc....................anyway can they live in an arboreal tank(upright)
and my mum is seriously annoying me but this is kinda silly, she seems to have got the idea that a royal could kill me?

Link edited
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JOSHNROX Posted - 22/11/2009 : 17:47:30
yeah i guess so but its a ncie picture if you do that? haha jokes i am going to get one when i eventually get a job and can pay my self, she wont say no! but for now i still have my gorgeous corn snake ROX :)
MissCat Posted - 22/11/2009 : 10:44:47
But then , if you are a sensible person, your snake would never be draped around your nexk in the first place...so it would never be able to kill you ;)
Gingerpony Posted - 21/11/2009 : 20:58:29
dunno if i'm helping your cause here lol but.....

basically, for any snake species, if it's not venomous then it's a constrictor...........it's gotta kill it's prey somehow!
JOSHNROX Posted - 21/11/2009 : 19:09:29
yeah exactly i have tryed everything! thanks very much for all advice, she is scared of their potential to kill but i could just be responsible but she has something to do i need the unstopable point to make to her!!! and a job :(
matty18714 Posted - 21/11/2009 : 18:54:06
quote:
Originally posted by JOSHNROX

yeah thats what i was thinking, thanks for the information and that is exactly what i sed to my mum she thinks if it constricts your neck ur ******? :/

If an adult got round your neck and gave you a squeeze it could probably kill you if you did nothing. But my cat could also kill me if I did nothing.
boze Posted - 21/11/2009 : 18:22:28
Also, explain to her why the americans call them "Ball Pythons", that if they are threatened or scared they will ball up to protect themselves instead of biting. They are very timid and gentle creatures.

D
boze Posted - 21/11/2009 : 18:19:59
Just tell her that snakes are not stupid and they will only try and eat something they know is not too big for it, meaning that even when it is fully grown, unless you are the size of a large rat, it wont even attempt to eat/constrict you. :-)

D
JOSHNROX Posted - 21/11/2009 : 17:38:21
yeah thats what i was thinking, thanks for the information and that is exactly what i sed to my mum she thinks if it constricts your neck ur ******? :/
Gingerpony Posted - 21/11/2009 : 17:21:37
given that 'length of viv + depth of viv = maximum length of snake' for terrestrial/semi arboreal species

that only gives you 37.5" to play with......or 3ft.....
matty18714 Posted - 21/11/2009 : 17:08:54
Royals are terrestrial snakes, they dont normaly climb and when they do they fall. For this reason, use a flat viv with height no more than 18 inches. A royal wont give you much more than a sharp bite, but thats unlikly.

Good luck convicing your mum.
JOSHNROX Posted - 21/11/2009 : 16:58:17
just when i thought it was going well she comes up with that and is adament that im not having one!!!!!!!!! angry as i ever have been , her excuses are so bad i wouldnt mind if she was genuine, she wont jsut admit that she doesnt like them and is scared! haha but i think i can win this!

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000