The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 thermostat

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ben Posted - 22/11/2009 : 23:43:05
hi, was just wondering if this is correct, my thermostat keeps my bulb turned on till the temp at the bottom of the viv on the hot side gets to around 32 degrees, it then switches the power to the bulb off, it then turns it back on when the temp at the bottom of the viv gets to aroun 23-25 degrees, is this what is ment to happen or is something wrong, just to me 24 degrees does seem a bit cool.

thanks
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
chris100575 Posted - 26/11/2009 : 13:09:19
I'm using the same thermostat on an infra-red and it works great. I've since stopped dropping the temp at night though.
Royalbob Posted - 25/11/2009 : 23:39:10
Ben also use the microclimate magic eye pulse stat with a ceramic heat bulb and it keeps the temp spot on. I do use the night time drop facility only because the shop was doing a deal and it cost the same as the one without it. I have the temp drop between 3-5 degrees.
madmez Posted - 23/11/2009 : 22:50:01
I got lots of pulse microclimate magic eyes.
Work well.
Does what it says on the tin.
Blackecho Posted - 23/11/2009 : 13:38:01
Either will be fine, Dimming is more accurate than a PP, but more expensive.
Ben Posted - 23/11/2009 : 13:03:27
looking at that link, looks like a should have bought a pulse stat?
Ben Posted - 23/11/2009 : 13:02:07
hmm, might have got something wrong here but my bulb doesnt give off light, only heat, its a ceramic heat lamp. will this new thermostat be ok for it?
Blackecho Posted - 23/11/2009 : 12:37:04
That will be better for your bulb and snake, no more lights flicking on and off, it will just slightly dim or brighten as required. Not sure about the magic eye function, I've never used one to control a drop in temperatures.
Ben Posted - 23/11/2009 : 11:00:16
ok just bought a

http://www.888reptiles.co.uk/productdetails.php?ProductID=1729&ProductGroupID=909
Blackecho Posted - 23/11/2009 : 08:34:06
On/Off thermostats are not suitable for bulbs, you need a Dimming Thermostat for a bulb.

Try reading this sticky: http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=213

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000