The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 heating/ humidity problem

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
koreybum Posted - 23/11/2009 : 21:25:00
now its getting abit colder, my 60w ceramic heat bulb is only heating my viv to about 83f. so i put my larger 250w ceramic bulb in, and that has lifted the temp to about 90f but lowered my humidity leval to between 20-30 instead of the usual 50. think my 250w bulb may be 2 large as my viv is only about 18" wide. dont really want 2 go and buy another in between size bulb, so has anyone any ideas how 2 raise my humidity leval with the 250w bulb, or raise the temp with a 60w bulb?
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Royalbob Posted - 25/11/2009 : 23:25:12
Not an expert but you shouldn't need to lower a 250w bulb down any further.
I've had probs getting a temp gradiant ( hot and cold end) with my corn when he was in a smaller tank
(less than 3tf) . I solved this by simply adding more ventilation to the colder side
towards the bottom 3rd of the viv. Hope this helps.
madmez Posted - 24/11/2009 : 00:08:08
Is it a wood viv.
koreybum Posted - 23/11/2009 : 23:06:07
viv is 20" tall, and the bottom of the heat bulb is 13" from the base of the viv so i think i will take your advice and fit the bulb onto the side but lower down. my heat bulb is in the right hand corner of the viv. thankyou
Gingerpony Posted - 23/11/2009 : 22:24:04
you still need one end warmer than the other..........so whichever bulb you're using should be more to either the left or right hand side of the viv........

also how tall is your viv? if the heat source is a long way from where it's heating a 60w will definitely struggle, you could try mounting the bulb and guard on an angle part way down one of the sides of the viv.
koreybum Posted - 23/11/2009 : 22:14:34
no, my viv is not very big and quite square so have just got a thermostat about 6" off the floor underneath the bulb and slightly 2 the left
Blackecho Posted - 23/11/2009 : 21:59:39
Have you still got a temperature gradient? - A hot end and a cold end?
koreybum Posted - 23/11/2009 : 21:43:21
working off a pulse thermostat, but the 60w just aint getting hot enough
Blackecho Posted - 23/11/2009 : 21:35:50
Have you still got a temperature gradient?

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000