The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Night time temp drop

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Royalbob Posted - 26/11/2009 : 23:18:29
Most of the literature I read before I joined this forum said to drop the temp at night a few degrees if possible. Reading through various post on here though it doesn't seem common. Just wondering what the pro's and cons are in doing this. Don't want to be dropping temp if it's more benificial to leave it constant. At the moment I drop it 3-5 farenheight.
Thanks for any feedback.
Rich
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Royalbob Posted - 27/11/2009 : 10:54:05
Thanks for clearing that up everyone, makes sense when I read it like that. Yes the temp gradiant good in the viv 90-92 hot end and 80-82 cold end. That's with both probes set at just above substrate level outside each hide. I'll give poor old Bob some warmer nights from now on then.
chris100575 Posted - 27/11/2009 : 09:20:58
Me neither, fahrenheit is the work of Beelzebub.
Gingerpony Posted - 27/11/2009 : 09:04:58
i suppose it is more natural, and if you have the equipment to do it then that's great but if you don't have it then it's a real pain to drop the temps manually every night and, importantly, remember to raise them again in the morning!!

a drop of no more than 2*C is recommended, not sure on the *F equivalent though
chris100575 Posted - 27/11/2009 : 08:58:59
I don't bother either, as Spor said I find that the cool end drops a few degrees at night anyway.
Blackecho Posted - 27/11/2009 : 07:13:16
As above, you may find breeders dropping temps to stimulate sexual activity, but there is no real need the rest of the time.
spor Posted - 27/11/2009 : 01:00:07
as you said not very common here. you 'll find that as the air temp drops in a house at night time the cool end of your viv/rub may drop a few degrees without having to adjust anything. if you have a good temperature gradient then there really is no need to drop the temps. a lot of breeders how ever will drop temps when ready to stimulate the breeding process.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000