The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 NEW VIV FOR 4MTH OLD ROYAL - HELPPPPP??

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
brookehamiltonx Posted - 28/11/2009 : 23:25:33
hiiiii ! i have recently just bought a 3month old royal python female named cleo on october 17th O9 Shes getting really big now, about 20" i would say and shes getting housed in a small faunarium i really want to get her in a new viv by like tomorrow or approx the end of next week for good i was wondering if anybody has any reccomendations, i would really like an all glass one - but not too pricey too.. any ideas please i'm really stuck & i need you guys' help feel free to e-mail me, brooke xx
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
brookehamiltonx Posted - 05/12/2009 : 14:24:24
thanks, i'm gonna wait till shes about 6 month before getting her in a new viv - can't wait, this is my first reptile & she's like a wee baby to me lols :Lxx
karl Posted - 02/12/2009 : 16:25:06
also, if the viv is too open, buy some coco bark and line the walls, job done.
karl Posted - 02/12/2009 : 16:24:14
My Royals are all in glass vivs, all eat. Some like them, some don't. If its cheap, buy it, if the snake stops eating (and you have plenty of hides etc) you wont have lost much money.
brookehamiltonx Posted - 01/12/2009 : 14:56:36
Thanks for all the information, but the only reason I was thinking of moving her up is that she is actually quite big for her age and stuff. Also I saw a 3ft glass viv for £30 :O I couldn't beleive it! But I dont really want to get a RUB because I like the fact that I can see inside the viv and its going in my room which has been recently done up and I want a modern look to it.. so thats why :( but I will still consider it and I think when it comes to it i'll probs get a RUB for a while :D thanks for all the useful info xxx
chris100575 Posted - 30/11/2009 : 09:07:09
Have you thought about getting her a RUB? (Really Useful Box) I've just bought a 50 litre one for my boa and it was £13 in Staples. The DIY section on here has a guide to setting one up. My plan is to use RUBs until she's big enough for her adult viv as it'll work out a lot cheaper, plus I can re-use the boxes for storage afterwards.
michaela Posted - 29/11/2009 : 23:58:46
quote:
Originally posted by brookehamiltonx

hiiiii ! i have recently just bought a 3month old royal python female named cleo on october 17th O9 Shes getting really big now, about 20" i would say and shes getting housed in a small faunarium i really want to get her in a new viv by like tomorrow or approx the end of next week for good i was wondering if anybody has any reccomendations, i would really like an all glass one - but not too pricey too.. any ideas please i'm really stuck & i need you guys' help feel free to e-mail me, brooke xx

hi i brought my royal(kaa)25th aug she came with an all glass viv and have trouble feeding.thanks to a lot of peeps on here i have sorted it xx
Gingerpony Posted - 29/11/2009 : 21:13:05
agree with BE above and i'd recommend not going to big too quickly cos the bigger the amount of space the more insecure royals can feel.........then they go off eating.
Blackecho Posted - 29/11/2009 : 08:59:16
I would only use a glass viv for hatchlings, they are not great for temperature control, humidity and are too open for Royals unless you cover 3 sides, in which case you may as well get a wooden one.

Something like these: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vivexotic-LX-24-Oak-Vivexotic-Wooden-Vivarium-LX24_W0QQitemZ180426826844QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Pet_Supplies_Reptiles_Spiders_Insects?hash=item2a0246e45c

2' viv for ~£40

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000