The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Update on Diego

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SexyBear77 Posted - 09/12/2009 : 20:23:25
Diego has now been mite free for a good 2 weeks (nearly) and is still looking bright eyed and very healthy. Hopefully I caught it fast enough but I am still doing the bathing, disinfecting etc.

I got him out the other day and noticed his skin was very saggy and loose- at first I panicked because I thought the mites had made him shrivel like a raisin lol but then I noticed his eye had sunk in in the middle and looked very dull. In went some nice damp moss and the next day I was rewarded with a beautiful shed! I checked him over and found he still had his tail tip on, a good cm or so so I removed that with a nice damp towel.

I have tried feeding him twice, but he's not interested. I cant really blame him though. I have tried wiggling it, braining and super heating the head but alas. I'm not too concerned atm, more glad that he seems to still be in good health despite the mites.

Hope all is ok with all your snakes!

Rachael x
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
spor Posted - 10/12/2009 : 01:44:15
sounding good and glad you have had a good 2weeks mite free. and as said above and you said yourself ,don't worry about the feeding just keep an eye on weight. apart from all the normal royal feeding issues, they are also very like to go of their food when being treated for mites.
HannahB Posted - 09/12/2009 : 22:14:18
glad hes doing ok
yeah like lee said i wouldnt be worried about the non feeding.. neither of my two are feeding at the minute.. silly winter weather making us all worry!!
lee2308 Posted - 09/12/2009 : 21:39:24
great news,wouldnt worrie about him not feeding for a while,thats just royals for you,just keep a eye on his weight.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000