The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Night time temp drop

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ZedexAndy Posted - 15/12/2009 : 18:51:02
Hi all,
I'm well on the way to completing the set up for my Royal
(pick her up on friday, can't wait)
just doing the fine tuning for temp ect.
The plan is to run it from the same stat as my bearded dragon viv below. I've just about got it set up to temp with a good termo graduation from hot end to cold, however the stat I'm using is one with a magic eye that alows the viv temp to drop at night.
So here comes the question:
Is this ok for the snake and what should the temp drop to?

Many thanx
Andy
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ZedexAndy Posted - 28/12/2009 : 09:39:14
My second heat souce the "daylight lamp" is running through a dimmer and a timmer switch. it's also not capable of heating the viv on it's own, so if it were to fail 'on' the stat would still be required to top up the heat.
Gingerpony Posted - 27/12/2009 : 21:02:05
i un a couple of vivs/heat sources off one stat but use a dimming switch to get the 2nd one to the desired temperature. it works really well BUT should the heat source that's NOT running directly off the stat (ie. through the dimming switch) should fail 'on' there's nothing to switch it off.............
ZedexAndy Posted - 26/12/2009 : 14:15:24
Ahhhh happy days... got the temp probz all sorted...
Ok here comes the complicated bit:

I've got a Microclimate DL1 with magic eye running a 80W ceramic in the beardies viv this maintains background/night temp of around 75degF then on a timer switch is a 60W day light lamp increasing the temp to 95degF for day light hours.

Also running off the stat is the 60W red lamp in the royals viv holdin a temp range between 92degF in the hot end to 78degF in the cold.

Well it works for me and Princess seams to be responding positivly with her moving from one end to another of her RUB to regulate her body temp.
Blackecho Posted - 22/12/2009 : 13:15:32
What type of stat is it?

Don't Beardies need a different temp range?
ZedexAndy Posted - 22/12/2009 : 12:28:31
I'm having a night mare keeping the temp constant during this cold weather. At the moment i'm trying to run the viv of the same stat as the one on my bearded dragon viv, with a 60W red lamp.
I think I'm gonna have to get a second stat and a bigger lamp to solve the problem.
Gingerpony Posted - 19/12/2009 : 20:23:33
the recommended drop is only 2*C from the normal warm-end temperature for most species

unless you've got a stat set up to do it, like a magic eye one, it's really not worth the hassle....IMO
lee2308 Posted - 15/12/2009 : 22:01:18
i dont drop mine either,what are you using,lamp or mat?
Blackecho Posted - 15/12/2009 : 19:54:09
Personally I don't drop any of mine, but a couple of degrees shouldn't hurt.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000