The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 just any advice where possible

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
reptilekeeper1992 Posted - 17/12/2009 : 13:36:21
Boo is on small mice now (after the mummy feeding her the wrong thing day!!!) and she wont take rats at all at the moment, so im waiting it out for a bit. She has therefore been on small mice, 2 with each feed every 6 days.
I have gone through 10, she has only eaten 2. I have tried all the blast heating and the brain slitting and yea...nothing
I know i shouldnt worry, not worrying completely but was just wondering what could be wrong with her
Note: She is 5 months old, last shed was in October, she is due a shed, she looks paler in colour, but has been like that for the past month. Plus she ate just before she last shed, so i dont see her having any problems this time???

any ideas thanks
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
reptilekeeper1992 Posted - 17/12/2009 : 16:12:53
unfortunately for the driving method, i cant drive yet, learning though
but i will try the bag trick and the starvation trick. hehe mightjust get her to eat, she is a fussy madam, anyways thanks for the helps
Blackecho Posted - 17/12/2009 : 15:56:28
Try leaving for 2 or 3 weeks for her to get hungry and then defrost a rat and mouse in a bag together, rubbing the mouse all over the rat, then offer the rat.
dazza Posted - 17/12/2009 : 13:51:27
luckily my royal eats with no problems, but a good method ive been told is place snakey in a bag (and not a tesco bag) but one of those special sacks (cant remember the name of em) along with the mouse and just leave em to it for a hour or two, even a pillow case would work. Another method is place snake in pillow case, place on passenger seat and go for a drive, sounds silly but the drive apparantly, or at least the bumps and motion, ups the digestive system, like i said ive never tried either, but a few options for you 2 consider

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000