The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Help !!!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
reptilestar101 Posted - 21/12/2009 : 17:58:50
can anyboby help me my royal shed and her still has some stuck to his neck an dalso i think on his head but not they eyecaps and iv tried every thing i washed him and put him in a tank with a towel and i also tries using a cotton bud but no luck

any help ???
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Gingerpony Posted - 21/12/2009 : 21:44:55
all the blokes go rushing in............lol

PREPARE the snake by putting in damp hides for a few days BEFORE bathing, this helps soften the skin beforehand so bathing is much more effective.

replace all the usual hides with damp hides so your snake really has no option to use them but only do this for 2-3 days as prolonged exposure to high humidity can cause other health problems like RIs.

i've also heard Shed-Aid is effective but i've never had to resort to that personally
Danny Action1 Posted - 21/12/2009 : 18:25:00
Ripped up news paper slightly damp in a pillow case tie a knott in the pillow case aswell then put over the hot end for a few hours and it acts like a sauna inside and as the snake goes through the paper the skin gets pulled off
reptilestar101 Posted - 21/12/2009 : 18:23:55
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

If your bath has steam then its far far too hot for a snake.

The bath wants to be about the same temp as the warm end of the viv, so around 30C, it'll still feel cool to you.

Allow the snake to soak for 20 mins or so, then let it run through a damp towel or flannel, rubbing gently as it goes.

I did exactly that and yes it was the same temp as viv
Blackecho Posted - 21/12/2009 : 18:20:15
If your bath has steam then its far far too hot for a snake.

The bath wants to be about the same temp as the warm end of the viv, so around 30C, it'll still feel cool to you.

Allow the snake to soak for 20 mins or so, then let it run through a damp towel or flannel, rubbing gently as it goes.
Brent09 Posted - 21/12/2009 : 18:11:01
I would normally suggest the bathing and what not but if that didn't work I would take him to a reptile shop or someone who knows about it that has done it before and see if they'll do it for you, although if you only tried a bath once do it another few times and see if it helps.
Make sure there's a decent amount of steam though as that's what loosens the skin but not to the point where it will burn the snake obviously.
:)
reptilestar101 Posted - 21/12/2009 : 17:59:22
oh and i also tried a moss hide

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000