The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Transition

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Robert Posted - 28/12/2009 : 22:26:55
As my first two Royals have got to the 350g plus mark I have just tried them with rat weeaners and they both transitioned fine despite the fact that they had both eaten a medium large mouse 5 days before so all is looking good, if you have a hatchling and it feeds happily on mice then hopefully if all else is well you'll have no probs :) Should see their weight and size increase more rapidly now :)
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Gingerpony Posted - 29/12/2009 : 07:32:55
quote:
Originally posted by Robert

I saw a Dumerils the when I bought my pastel and a good looking snake he was....

quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

Then move onto a Boa forum! - Stop scaring the RP lovers.

nothing wrong with promoting a bit of Dum love BE.............
Blackecho Posted - 28/12/2009 : 23:13:45
Then move onto a Boa forum! - Stop scaring the RP lovers.
Robert Posted - 28/12/2009 : 23:06:06
I saw a Dumerils the when I bought my pastel and a good looking snake he was but I still prefer royals that's not to say I wouldn't want a boa it's just the space and for now a preference :)
Gingerpony Posted - 28/12/2009 : 22:34:35
quote:
Originally posted by Gingerpony

give me a boa ANY day!

preferably an anery.......... or an adult male Dumerils just in case santa had 'forgotten' to leave them in my stocking and is on his way back.....................?
Gingerpony Posted - 28/12/2009 : 22:33:02
with my royal he was on mice for about the first year i had him, i kept trying him on rat weaners with no luck, then something just clicked and he started eating weaners.........
after a brief spell away from me when he didn't eat at all i thought i'd get him going on mice again initially as that was his preference originally but after a couple moved straight back onto rat weaners again with no fuss

i'm sure the change-over was much more stressful for me! lol

however my most recently purchased boa had been in the shop a year and been on mice all that time, i brought her home and she went straight onto rat weaners without so much as a sniff
give me a boa ANY day!

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000