The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 feeding - moving prey size up? help urgent!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
brookehamiltonx Posted - 28/12/2009 : 22:42:36
hi everyone just about to order some rats to try cleo out for the first time ever im actual so excited lol im on triple 8's site atm and im just wondering what type should i chose?
Cleo is a 6 month old royal female. She's currently in like a 16inch faunarium type thing & she's outgrowing it reallyyyyy fast she gets fed once a week ( every sunday ) and shes on medium mice, well thats what the store in glasgow (Neon Gecko) calls them
I'm really wanting her on to rats as soon as to be honest as i've heard they're alot more nutricious & stuff. and to be quite honest with you a medium mouse is not really enough - in my oppinion. I've never moved a snake up a stage on mice/rodents, infact, cleo is my first lil baby & i love her lol any help would be great thanks, brooke & cleo xx
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
spor Posted - 02/01/2010 : 02:11:59
yeah trying the fuzzy rats or rat fluffs would be best. you might be one if the lucky ones and find that she takes to them straight away. good luck
brookehamiltonx Posted - 01/01/2010 : 19:48:42
lol, thanks im going to feed cleo her last 2 then get a fuzzy fingers crossed!
Gingerpony Posted - 29/12/2009 : 21:39:25
quote:
Originally posted by Gingerpony

...then before you feed them, weigh them...

i was meaning the mice/rats not the royal lol

so if you know your medium mice are, for example, 25g, then look for rats of a similar weight
Blackecho Posted - 29/12/2009 : 18:21:52
At 250g she should be fine on 30g rat weaners/large fluffs.
brookehamiltonx Posted - 29/12/2009 : 18:01:02
quote:
Originally posted by Gingerpony

for a transition i'd probably buy a few first from your local rep shop so you can ask to see them and check they're a similar size to what she's feeding on now.
then before you feed them, weigh them, so then you know what size/weight you want when you order online

i weighed cleo today and she's only 250g but shes really thick girth wise im going to use up the last 2 medium mice & get some fuzzys during the week by the way, thanks again x
Blackecho Posted - 29/12/2009 : 00:58:35
Yes, a fuzzy of fluff rat.
brookehamiltonx Posted - 28/12/2009 : 23:08:27
so basically im really trying to get a rat of the similar size of a med. mouse ?
is that a fuzzy or something? sorry i'm so new to all this its actual so embarrasing lol x
Gingerpony Posted - 28/12/2009 : 22:44:15
for a transition i'd probably buy a few first from your local rep shop so you can ask to see them and check they're a similar size to what she's feeding on now.
then before you feed them, weigh them, so then you know what size/weight you want when you order online

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000