The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 humidity problem

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
heaton177 Posted - 09/01/2010 : 21:44:13
hello all.
i have had my royal in the same set up now for a few months now and everything has been running fine, but recently i bought a dimming stat (put it in xmas day) and when i look at the humidity stat it reads about 45% i keep spraying the tank ive moved the water bowl closer to the heat sorce. any advice for me please? another question where is the best place to put the sensor for the dimming stat i have mine next to the hide under the light, but the sensor is not directly under the bulb. and could someone recomend the best thermometer to use to measur the temp under the bulb please (ebay link would be greatful)

many thnx chris
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
heaton177 Posted - 10/01/2010 : 19:37:37
thnx mate thats what i have done realy a thermometer probe by each hide.
dazb Posted - 10/01/2010 : 18:10:35
As above really.

I dont mist mine and TBH i dont know what the humidity is in the vivs. All mine shed ok so have never really worried about it. I have my probes on the back wall about 2-3 inches above the floor at roughly the height of the hide and have the digital thermometer probe by the hide.
I try to keep the probes off the floor so if the snake goes over it it will not send a false reading to the stat.
heaton177 Posted - 10/01/2010 : 17:51:11
yup it helped alot many thnx.
reptilekeeper1992 Posted - 10/01/2010 : 00:26:08
hi
i have a dimming thermostat and my humidity goes between 46% and 51%, but mostly is 48%. Humidity is nothing to worry about really so long as it in its top 40's and 50's its fine. Maybe a larger water bowl will increase the humidity (larger surface area of the water bowl means more evaportion and therefore more humidity)
as for the probe, i have my probe stuck to the back wall of the vivarium and 2-3 inches away from the light. and the thermometer probe is just poking out from under the hide in the warm end, just under the light

hope this helps, i am sure someone with more knowledge will be along to give any advice

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000