The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Advice needed on after surgery care

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
harry01 Posted - 24/02/2010 : 23:30:51
My female python has a pinkish ball by her vent, possibly her intestine? She is not moving a great deal. Any advice as to what this is and what actions i should take?

Thanks
Harry
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Gingerpony Posted - 26/02/2010 : 20:38:52
a smaller than usual meal probably wouldn't hurt, think how long it takes a royal to have a **** after a few (or 6 feeds!)........................

personally i'd be more inclined to think it would refuse a meal with the stress it's recently gone through though it probably wouldn't hurt to offer
Blackecho Posted - 26/02/2010 : 16:40:07
I wouldn't have thought you'd want to feed so soon as you wouldn't want anything pushing through there yet, but I'm not a vet.
pfleming Posted - 26/02/2010 : 16:14:57
I agree with GP - and make sure your temps are correct - its more importnat now than ever for your snake :)

and i hope you get a ful speedy recovery
Gingerpony Posted - 26/02/2010 : 13:48:04
really the vet or the nurse that discharged your snake should have gone through this you, or be available to speak to on the phone.

are the antibiotics injectable or oral?

i'd keep handling to a bare minimum and clean out just as necessary but still keeping the enclosure clean
harry01 Posted - 26/02/2010 : 12:17:34
hi guys,
I took her to the vet yesterday and it was a prolapse. She had the surgery to put it back in and she is now back at home and on antibiotics, hopefully she'll make a full recovery. Have any of you got any tips on how to give her the best chance? I've got newspaper for bedding and I have been told by the vet to feed her today. Should I give her the antibiotics before or after feeding, and should I still handle her? Is changing the bedding EVERYDAY too much?

I'd appreciate any information you have.
Thanks for your comments guys

Harry
MissCat Posted - 25/02/2010 : 16:28:06
Don't let it dry out though. vets obviously however.
pfleming Posted - 25/02/2010 : 07:25:41
Yeah i agree, get her to the vets ASAP. I hope shes okay x
Blackecho Posted - 25/02/2010 : 06:30:34
Coming from inside? - Sounds like a prolapse of some sort possibly.

As above, vet job most likely.

Have you a photo?
Paulusworm Posted - 25/02/2010 : 06:02:00
Is she definately female? Personally I would get her to the vet pronto. If it doesn't look right then it probably isn't. Let us know how it goes.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000