The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 RIP Sheba

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mariamcsorley Posted - 17/03/2010 : 17:13:31
Hi all, well I have been on here a few times and as some of you may know I had my first every 8month old royal (well she would have been 9months now) any way on friday when I got her out of her viv i noticed she was opening her mouth and when it was closed she was blowing bubbles!!!! :( Any way as you can imagin I was very worried so called the reptile shop that we bought her from for advice and they said it sounded like a cold but to bring her down and they would have a look and if we needed a vet they could get us into see one! So we did and they looked at her and said that it was a cold and that they would keep her with them in a very warm viv and try to get rid of it for us! any hows monday i called and they said she was a little better but to call back wednesday when the man who knows a lot about snakes will be in. So we called today and got told that she was still really poorly and that they werent sure if she was going to get any better, so they have kept her and may have to call the vet to get her put to sleep :(
So we went in to find out what was happening, and they said they could give us a 'replacement' snake instead of us taking Sheba home!
So I now have a 4 month old Royal but dont know if it is a boy or a girl
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
paulo Posted - 18/03/2010 : 09:37:23
Sorry to hear about your snake, hopefully she pulls through in the shop after some treatment.

Just out of interest what is your current temperature and humidity set up and what are you using to get your readings?
Blackecho Posted - 18/03/2010 : 07:29:12
As above, RI's aren't the end if treated usually, chin up. x
spor Posted - 18/03/2010 : 00:34:27
sorry that you have had to go through this with your first royal. but if she is still a live and putting up a fight with the store i would remove the RIP. although young snakes can be very susceptible to illness, they can also be great fighters so she may pull out of it yet. does sound like a RI. Hopefully the store will try their best to help her recover, rather than just cut their losses. Good luck with you new baby. and don't worry you didn't pass on your cold.
mariamcsorley Posted - 17/03/2010 : 20:19:05
thats the thing i have got the set up exactly how it should be temps are fine! only thing i can think of is I held her the other week when I had a really bad cold- but i read that humans couldnt pass their colds onto snakes?! is this true?
pfleming Posted - 17/03/2010 : 19:33:52
I know how you feel, it happened to me with 2 rabbits, we got new rabbits soon after we lost our first 2, but losing a pet like that is so sad, if you rate a read through the RI thread and see if there are any potential probelms with your current set-up, perhaps us guys could help you to avoid a similar problem in the future.

Pete xx
mariamcsorley Posted - 17/03/2010 : 19:14:39
no just said that they didnt think it would be a quick recovery if she recovered at all and that they would prefer to give us a replacement snake!
They said it was a very bad cold so yes I am guessing a RI
:(
dazb Posted - 17/03/2010 : 18:44:47
Im really sorry for your loss...

Did they give you any explanation about what had gone on, and if a vet was involved what they said?

It sounds to me that she had a RI.

http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1239
mariamcsorley Posted - 17/03/2010 : 17:22:16
I just cant believe it i only had her a month and was just getting really confident holding her and getting her out of the viv. I've never cared much for snakes its always been my husband so she was my baby. I feel really 'lost' I know ive got a new baby to look after now but just doesnt seem the same- does that make sence?
pfleming Posted - 17/03/2010 : 17:17:36
ahhh, sorry for you loss

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000