The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 stuck in a tree?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dmc Posted - 19/03/2010 : 10:55:17
i have 2 royal pythons housed together with no problems at all thank god. a couple of weeks ago my niece put her hand into the tank and 1 of the snakes bit her hand, she wasnt hurt but the snake then went up the tree and coiled up under the heat lamp. thats not normally a problem but he's been there pretty much constantly for 3 weeks now? does anyone have any theories why? im thinking maybe he hurt a tooth or something? any kind of feed back would be appreciated thanx!!
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
dmc Posted - 24/03/2010 : 16:32:18
thanx
Blackecho Posted - 23/03/2010 : 18:51:39
Its only because people have heard that snakes can carry salmonella (as most animals do), but with good hygiene you shouldn't have problems.
dmc Posted - 23/03/2010 : 16:46:26
just to let u know i didnt have to take him down from the tree in the end he came down himself on saturday nite!! he,s still kinda nervous but he,s been that way since i got him? he still spends alot of time up the tree but not constantly like he has been? think i might try find a good home for him and keep the female housed alone

also ive been hearing alot of bad stories about keeping snakes if you have young babies or if ur partner is pregnant?? could anyone maybe clear this up for me please??
dazb Posted - 19/03/2010 : 16:41:02
Very good points above.

If it is a 1.1 pair is it the female that struck? Maybe she is getting harrassed by the male and its the only place where he cant get to her.
Blackecho Posted - 19/03/2010 : 12:49:51
As above, you say you have had no problems, but you could find that one is now becomming stressed by the situation and the only place he feels safe is up there.
boze Posted - 19/03/2010 : 12:42:22
It may be the start of some cohabiting problems. Some people keep snakes housed together for years with no problems then one day it all changes for no apparent reason. Id definitely separate them and see how it goes. Youll probably find yourself with two much happier snakes :-)

D
dmc Posted - 19/03/2010 : 12:21:48
yeah i can do that i just didnt wanna stress him out too much? ill try that later and let u know? is there anything i should look for in particular? thanx again.
dazb Posted - 19/03/2010 : 12:07:57
Sounds silly but can you take the tree out with him still on?

or just go in and get him, be fast and firm and remember if he tags you it wont hurt...royals are 'mostly' all mouth and no trousers so you should be fine...
dmc Posted - 19/03/2010 : 12:02:18
thanx for your reply, i have tried to take him out but he just grips the tree tighter and hisses at me? this makes me think there is a problem?
dazb Posted - 19/03/2010 : 11:03:51
Hi and welcome to the forum, there are few reason why the royal may have struck at your niece, it could be going into shed where its vision is reduced so it becomes very defensive, maybe your niece hovered her hand over the royal which scared it, it is hard to say.
As for it staying up the tree... it probably feels safe and secure up there so is deciding to stay put. As long as it is not to hot up there (being close to the lamp) i would not worry to much. Saying that i would probably get him/her out for a quick inspection just to make sure.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000