The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 1st attempt at a shed

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
anton Posted - 20/03/2010 : 17:07:51
so morris shed for the first time since i got him well i say he shed it was a very bad attempt at one, it came off in about 5 pieces given him a bath which he seemed to like compared to the cornsnake managed to get the last of the tail and some other small bits but looks like theres a patch still on the top of his head tryed to remove it with a damp flannel but he's having none of it, his eyes look shiney so i think the caps came off but trying to look for them is what h left me is like looking for a needle in a haaystack is it ok to leave the little patch on his head or try again later?. i think this was only his second attempt at a shed so hopefully next one will be better. i used spag moss in the warm hide etc got the humidity high around 80% +/- 10% but still rubbish, cheers
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
spor Posted - 30/03/2010 : 01:38:17
as GP said if its only a small piece they don't get to worried. It will come of in time with out assistance. as long as eye cap and tail tip or clear. he'll been fine. sometimes they will just have a bad shed regardless of what you try.
pfleming Posted - 25/03/2010 : 19:56:58
I've had 2 sheds, first was flaky and poor, second one - as soon as i noticed he was going cloudy i wacked the humidity up, and put damp cloths in all his hides, and it was like a sauna in there, he shed that night in one perfect peice! - didnt even have to bath :)
BattyWitch Posted - 25/03/2010 : 19:44:24
My 7mth old has shed twice since I've had him, and it always seems to come off in bits and bobs. I just bath him like the shop told me to, and that tends to help :)
Gingerpony Posted - 20/03/2010 : 17:47:09
if it's a small patch on his head i wouldn't be overly concerned about removing it as it will do little, if any damage...........unlike a tail tip which if left over time can go necrotic and drop off

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000