The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 feeding in viv

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ben Posted - 31/03/2010 : 11:56:32
When feeding within the viv, how do you guys get your snake to come out of its hide?
i normally leave the mouse/rat to defrost on top of the viv, it can be there all day but molly (my royal) wont come out of her hide, untill night but then when i try to feed her she seems very scared and will normally go into a hide rather than feed.

do you wait untill she comes out or just remove?move the snake out of its hide?
do you wait till it pops it head of the hide?
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
STICKS Posted - 01/04/2010 : 20:42:24
Hi there ben i just leave the viv door open if she comes out and into the rub where the food is she's hungry if not it goes in the bin she is not a strike feeder she just helps herself out of a dish.
unlike alfie who is a strke feeder i have to get him out and into his rub with a little hatch at the top and dangle it and wham the hatch keeps your hand safe out of the way i put my heads in boiled
water for few seconds hope this helps.
Ben Posted - 01/04/2010 : 18:48:15
how can you tell when they are hungry? Molly is always out and about on a night burrowing and exploring in her viv.

suppose its just a waiting game really.
mischang Posted - 01/04/2010 : 15:53:15
thats wat i do even though i keep a note on when and what was eaten i tend to let the ones that eat choose really and Sid who has only fed 1 in nearly 3 months i have offered every week and will do till he has shed and pooped at least 3 times them when i'm happy and i know he is well will i leave it to him to let me know ! glad some one else does that too.
antw23uk Posted - 01/04/2010 : 10:16:34
Mine are usually more active which makes me remember its probably feeding times. I dont go for the whole 7 days this, ten days that .. my snakes tell me when they are hungry and they get fed accordingly
Blackecho Posted - 31/03/2010 : 14:57:12
30-60 seconds concentrating on the head.
Ben Posted - 31/03/2010 : 12:47:32
normally how long do you heat the rats with the hair dryer for?
Blackecho Posted - 31/03/2010 : 12:41:57
If my snakes don't come out of their hide when I heat the rats with a hair-drier facing their viv they aren't hungry so I don't bother.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000